Yamaha R3 Forums banner
521 - 540 of 545 Posts

·
Registered
2015 yamaha r3
3 Posts
Share what you did today with the R3 community.

Example: I got rid of the oem fender with a comp werkes eliminator kit today!

Example: Just got driven rearsets.

Example: Gave the R3 a good wash and wax while the sun was still out.
Share what you did today with the R3 community.

Example: I got rid of the oem fender with a comp werkes eliminator kit today!

Example: Just got driven rearsets.

Example: Gave the R3 a good wash and wax while the sun was still out.
2015 Yamaha R3

Upgraded to Speigler brake lines
HID lights and LED daytime running light
Vortex clips on
Crg levers

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 R3
84 Posts
Today, I remounted the clip ons below the triple tree. Read through several posts on this subject and got great information from this forum. Rotated the
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Car
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Car
throttle about 90 degree so that the throttle cables are now above the brake hydraulic line. Also rotated the brake hydraulic line (and had to bleed the front brakes!). What a great mod! I'm very pleased with it, and it's free.

·
Registered
K5 GSX-R 1000 - 2015 YZF R3
31 Posts
So I'm at 499 now, BUT... she's getting trailered over to the dealer on Tuesday. Why fail smack dab in the middle of the nicest summer Washington state has ever seen?

·
Registered
2015 Yamaha R3
15 Posts
Installed Vortex clip-ons a few days ago, works great other than the brake line hitting the dash at full lock to the left.
Also did the first valve adjustment not too long ago @ 32K KM's, bike was having an occasional idle misfire, turns out 5 of the valves were much too tight. Still running great 2.5K KM's later.
Haven't done too much to the bike otherwise, just an R6 throttle, Fork springs (Already in it when I got the bike, no idea what they are but they feel good for my weight), K&N filter & FTRT (China) levers (They're actually pretty decent when set up properly).

Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
2018 R3
84 Posts
I'be been toying with the idea of installing LED underglow light strips on my bike. I finally decided to do it. I installed blue underglow to go with my Team Yamaha Blue R3. I didn't go overboard on lights. I installed a few strips and I think it looks nice. Here are pics of the bike without the lights, with the lights in my garage with limited daylight, and at night.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Blue
Wheel Tire Blue Motorcycle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2015 Yamaha R3
15 Posts
Installed a Venhill braided front brake line a little bit ago, mainly to get clearance from the dash with the Vortex 7 degree clip-on's so I can get full lock in either direction. The improved lever feel is a nice bonus.
The line fit's okay but annoyingly the rubber grommets are too small to fit the stock mounting point on the fork and I had to find a p clamp for the mount on the lower triple.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting
Tire Motorcycle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Added the m4 street slayer today. Project was very easy and sounds awesome!! Thinking about doing the smog block off plate. Has anyone in this group gone through that process? Would really like some insight on it. Does it really help with the air leaks (popping noise)? And is it an easy process? Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finally got on the highway and up to 75mph for a short trip. Realize I need to do some research on a more quiet helmet lol. Scorpion I have wasn't too bad but I understand there are some that keep the buffeting and wind noise down to a bare minimum. Was fun none-the-less.
Also got this...
Wood Bicycle part Rim Composite material Fender

To replace this...
Hood Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber

With my skills, this is a weekend job

·
Registered
2015 Yamaha R3
15 Posts
Finally got on the highway and up to 75mph for a short trip. Realize I need to do some research on a more quiet helmet lol. Scorpion I have wasn't too bad but I understand there are some that keep the buffeting and wind noise down to a bare minimum. Was fun none-the-less.
Also got this...

To replace this...

With my skills, this is a weekend job
Earplugs are definitely a great help with noise, I never ride without them now because hearing damage can happen surprisingly quick especially at highway speeds. They also don't really impair your hearing much and actually make the ride less fatiguing since you're not hearing the wind constantly.

521 - 540 of 545 Posts