Yamaha R3 Forums banner

241 - 260 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Picked up a Shoei GT-air recently, man this thing is nice. It feels like you are wearing a pillow and the air flow is amazing. Plus it looks pretty dope.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have always believed, that there are 3 things you do not save money on...

Helmet (arai or shoei), tyres and chain for the bike!!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
So over around 3 days and 6 hours of looking, fitting and thinking of which Helmet to buy, I settled on an Arai Rapid IR. I almost went and bought it because it felt best of all the other Arais, felt much better than the Shoei's, and other helmets in the two stores I went to. I then found an HJC Ben Spies helmet. I dont normally but a helmet because it has someone's name on it, but this thin came with a free smoked lens and anti fog as well, for only $20 more than the Arai. Most importantly, it fit about the same and was a few ounces lighter. No lie, the Arai felt amazing on my head but their lenses cost a ton and this came with a smoke one already. So I grabbed it after looking at it and thinking about it for about 10 minutes lol. I wasted all that time looking at Arais.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
At least the HJC comes with a pinlock. Don't you guys miss not having a pop down sunvisor? Two features I consider manditory.
My 707 had a drop down, is EcE certified and I really liked it initially. As time went on through I preferred riding with sun glasses in vs the drop down visor because t was closer to my eyes and didn't have a gap in between. Never owned a pin lock helmet, so that's new to me.

So the pin lock visors/ sheets/ whatever they are called, is it just for anti fog or can I use it as a shade as well?

I was going to buy an RPHA 10 for a lot less since I don't care about the graphics or which racers name is on my helmet, but for some reason the 57 cm helmet size on the RPHA fits much tighter than the RPHA 11.

I feel the RPHA could use more air flow, it felt pretty hot.

·
Registered
460 Posts
A pinlock has a silicone rubber seal all the way around and creates a double pane insulated barrier and prevents all fogging so you can ride on cool mornings or in the rain and still see.
Agreed some of the pop down sun visors have too much of a nose cut out which makes a distracting double bright spot but the one in my Schuberth C3 is more flat across the bottom and functions with a slider instead of the more common all or nothing mechanism so I can deploy it part way to just block the sky if I want.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought the Bell Qualifier DLX Blackout Helmet... yeah... it does not cost like an Arai or Shoei, but at least it is DOT and ECE certified.. as I am learning riding the motorcycle, i will move to a Shoei as soon as i get more confidence riding (faster)...

·
Registered
235 Posts
I bought the Bell Qualifier DLX Blackout Helmet... yeah... it does not cost like an Arai or Shoei, but at least it is DOT and ECE certified.. as I am learning riding the motorcycle, i will move to a Shoei as soon as i get more confidence riding (faster)...
HJC has some really great helmets for very reasonable prices

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Try them out before you sell yourself on the shoei. I was open to shoei and arai, actually thought shoei would be a better helmet, but the arais all fit/felt much better than any shoei that I tried. Getting some of the shoeis on really hurt.

·
Registered
329 Posts
HJC has some really great helmets for very reasonable prices
+1 for HJC, got a Rpha11 myself. It's extremely light weight, fits nice and it's got tons of performance features and it won't cost an arm and a leg like an Arai. Hoping to pick up an Arai sometime later down the road as those helmets are amazing in terms of safety, features and craftsmanship I guess that's why they are so expensive.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Now that I know how to post images here with my new Imgur account, here's a pic of my Scorpion EXO-R410.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I chose a 2017 AGV K5 S Hero (black with red accents to match the new bike). While a little pricer than I was planning, it looks mint, is packed full of features, light, but most importantly it was the best fitting of all the helmets I tried.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I purchased an AGV helmet to wear when riding duel sport and fell in love. I have been wearing and Arai RXQ for use on the track and street. I recently purchased the AGV GT Veloce GTX in a Med-small and it fits better than my Arai ever has. I love that AGV has such a variety of sizes.

Attachments

241 - 260 of 299 Posts