Yamaha R3 Forums banner

261 - 280 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I recently bumped up to a Shoei RF-1200 in the grey/camo/hi-vz pattern. Way better fit for my head than my Icon Alliance GT, and way better airflow through the vents as well. The chin curtain works great for making sure the air doesn't get straight into my eyes, drying out my contacts. I'd also say it's a bit quieter as well, though I can't quantify that and I still need earplugs at highway speeds. The pinlock also works great at keeping the visor from fogging so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I currently have a Bell Carbon Race (2017 model), AGV Moto Corsa Circuit about three years old, a four year old Bell Carbon Race, a regular AGV Rossi edition about 5 years old, a Shoei, and some cheaper ones with low hours but old so they are only good to look at on my shelf. Not sure what I'm doing for 2018, but planning on going big since I bought three more bikes and currently have six for next year.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I currently have a Bell Carbon Race (2017 model), AGV Moto Corsa Circuit about three years old, a four year old Bell Carbon Race, a regular AGV Rossi edition about 5 years old, a Shoei, and some cheaper ones with low hours but old so they are only good to look at on my shelf. Not sure what I'm doing for 2018, but planning on going big since I bought three more bikes and currently have six for next year.
How much did your Bell Carbon Race break in?

I just got the Bell Race Star which is very similar to yours. I bought the size that I have in my other Bell helmets and is right in the middle of the size range, but it’s very snug.

The other reviews I’ve read say that the padding breaks in a lot, so I’m going to try to stick with it. I do have thinner cheek pads on order.

It’s an awesome helmet though

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey guys new rider here. Need my first helmet, want something on the lighter weight side, good ventilation, and somewhat sporty but low profile looking? Noise is also a concern, tried to do some research and went through a whole bunch of options and it was very overwhelming, that’s where I learned that noise is a big factor apparently....hard to know unless you try it, or read a ton of reviews...the last thing I want is to be suffering from loud noise inside that helmet while trying to enjoy a ride. Are there any tried and true ones that won’t break the bank? Any suggestions in general? Thanks in advance! Hope I’m not hijackng this thread either just saw the title and figured you guys would be the ones to ask!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey guys new rider here. Need my first helmet, want something on the lighter weight side, good ventilation, and somewhat sporty but low profile looking? Noise is also a concern, tried to do some research and went through a whole bunch of options and it was very overwhelming, that’s where I learned that noise is a big factor apparently....hard to know unless you try it, or read a ton of reviews...the last thing I want is to be suffering from loud noise inside that helmet while trying to enjoy a ride. Are there any tried and true ones that won’t break the bank? Any suggestions in general? Thanks in advance! Hope I’m not hijackng this thread either just saw the title and figured you guys would be the ones to ask!
HJC CL-17 is the best bang for the buck helmet.

Its a plastic shell helmet but it's snell approved, fairly quiet, and has the option for a pin lock insert.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Q: which full-face helmet would you guys recommend if I wanted good airflow/ventilation? My AGV K3-SV isn't cutting it with the hot weather here in the Philippines. :(
I have a Bell carbon and it flows a ton of air.

Heard HJC does the same but cannot confirm. Was thinking about picking up a CL-17 soon.

261 - 280 of 298 Posts