Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

so today, i was able to get the bike up to 12,000 RPM in 6th gear on the track...

Question. where do you track guys put your shift light?
and where is the real rev limit?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think rev limiter is at 12,500 rpm, however these drop off in power a lot at the end. If you look at most dyno charts for stock or relatively stock R3's, peak power is at around 11,000. I rarely ever let it go to even 12k, because I shift before. Under normal circumstances I shift at around 11,500. You may want to change your gearing a bit. Might not be that suitable for that particular track right now.

Reactions: Tim8858

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SBK. thanks.

I think I am going to convert the chain over to the 415 and do the gearing for a bit more drive out of the corners.
I am ok with giving up max top speed, because I only get there one time on the 14 turn track.

But then probably buy a 2nd tooth sprocket to change up as needed.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
SBK. thanks.

I think I am going to convert the chain over to the 415 and do the gearing for a bit more drive out of the corners.
I am ok with giving up max top speed, because I only get there one time on the 14 turn track.

But then probably buy a 2nd tooth sprocket to change up as needed.
I run a 415 kit and I have 18/56 and 18/54 sprocket combos. If you have a straightaway where you can reach top of 6th gear easily, I would gear it for that, using a 54 rear sprocket most likely. Don't worry about drive out of corners, because you can always just drop another gear if need be. Most tracks I've been to I still use only 4-6th with just an occasional hairpin turn that I have to drop down to 3rd gear. I've never even used 2nd gear, even with the 18/54 gearing.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input!

I put in the order with jesse norton just now.
415 kit 54 /56 both .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts