Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've yet to receive my bike, but I have a $50 gift card for Ebay. I'd love some input on a simple and cheap accessory for the bike. $50 doesn't buy much, but I wouldn't mind tossing a couple extra dollars on top of the gift card to get something useful. So, what would you buy, or have bought for around $50? Bonus brownie points to whoever recommends multiple useful items that total $50! Let me know!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great suggestions Doc-Ram and Toyopl! Shorty levers are probably on the top of my list just so I can get a good grip with my small hands. The R6 throttle tube sounds like a great idea too. I'll probably get a cheap windshield too, just to be able to keep the OEM one in mint condition. The chain brush is something I never even thought of, but it's certainly an essential item for maintenance.

I plan on getting a TST fender eliminator and motodynamic integrated tail light to clean up the tail a bit. Those are a bit more than I'd like to spend right now, though. I also plan on getting some crash protection as well: axle sliders, spool sliders, bar ends, engine protection, that sort of stuff.

Would love to hear more suggestions, I've been reading the forums for a while and there is a ton of information on accessories. Some are more drastic than others, such as rear sets and clip-ons that I'm not really interested in at the moment. I'll have to figure out something with the exhaust too, slip-ons are expensive for what they are, but I like the idea of a CBR650F exhaust cover in place of the muffler.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Do you have decent gear?
One of my next purchases will be a back protector to replace the basic foam insert that came with my Alpinestars jacket.

If you have everything you need to stay safe, great. Otherwise, I defintiely suggest having the very best gear you can afford.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm working on building up my gear with a separate budget. I've already got some TCX boots, Rev'it gloves, and a well fitting HJC CL-17 helmet. Picking out a nice jacket is harder than it seems. But I think I've picked out two jackets, one for the rest of summer and a winter jacket. I just gotta figure out what the perfect size is for me. I'm debating on how to go about the armor for the legs though. I like the idea of individual knee pads, like the Dainese easy fit ones so I can wear whatever jeans I want, or khakis if I ride to work. Also looking at Klim tactical shorts for the thighs and hip area because they look like I can fit them under regular fitting jeans and khakis without too much trouble. I worry about kevlar jeans and the armor shifting around since I got chicken legs.

I plan to finish up getting the rest of my gear here shortly, at least the summer jacket and leg armor. I had to quick-order some Rev'it Axis over pants today because it looks like rain for the MSF course I'm taking this weekend. I know I'm already an atgatt guy, good gear is essential. I just wanted to know what some of the beneficial mods people have done without breaking the bank. I definitely need adjustable levers for comfort. Simple maintenance items like a chain brush are nice too. I'm hoping that Ebay Chinese levers have worked out their kinks by now; Sato Racing's eBay store seems reputable if it's really Sato Racing....

Once I get all these things in order, I'll make a post on all the little information like OTD price from my dealer, insurance costs, my gear, and mods I've done or plan to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts