Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im planning on buying an r3 soon. I managed to negotiate a deal with a local dealership for $5507 out the door. Unfortunately they didnt have it in the color I wanted so I didn't go for it, but wanted to know what price i should try to negotiate.

Note this is my first bike and have very little credit history but heard yamaha has a first time buyers program.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey im planning on buying an r3 soon. I managed to negotiate a deal with a local dealership for $5507 out the door. Unfortunately they didnt have it in the color I wanted so I didn't go for it, but wanted to know what price i should try to negotiate.

Note this is my first bike and have very little credit history but heard yamaha has a first time buyers program.
That's about what I paid for my 2016. I'd buy used if you have the money, they come up a lot more often now on CL for 3200-4200 with very low miles

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like you had a decent price. Where are you from? Start checking CL and shop around. My dealer in Oregon has a few '15's in black that are going for $4490 (no prep or freight). That just leaves the title work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like you had a decent price. Where are you from? Start checking CL and shop around. My dealer in Oregon has a few '15's in black that are going for $4490 (no prep or freight). That just leaves the title work.
I live in Southern California in San Bernardino. Ag first they told me it woukd come oht to 6.7k but i refused and they called again to tell me it would be 5500. Im going to try to negotiate for a 2016 for the same price but have little experience with it. Dont know what to say.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I live in Southern California in San Bernardino.
You should have about 6 or 8 dealers in that area to shop at. Lucky you.
Drive around, shop around. You will find a decent deal.
Dealers always play hardball, and they go high first to see if you'll bite.
Don't bite.

$5k is the target for a 2015. $6k is the target for a 2016.
Anywhere close to those numbers, you can pull the trigger. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2016 base price was 4990. After tax, title and license it was 5665. Then I bought the extended warranty (5 years). OTD it came 5900 even, delivered to my front door while I was at work. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey all I'm from up North here in Canada Eh. lol.. anyway I've got a dealership, (4 hours away mind you) but the guys got a 2015 that I can pick up for $5150 Canadian out the door, pdi, tax, everything in. From what I am reading that's a pretty good deal especially with our dollar up here being so crappy. A quick calculation puts me at about $4000 US. Hopefully Monday she will be mine....

·
Registered
132 Posts

That sounds like the price for the 2016 OTD price as it should be around that. The 2015 should be at least $300 lower and new still.

I'm doing the same thing now to, getting quotes...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I live in Southern California in San Bernardino. Ag first they told me it woukd come oht to 6.7k but i refused and they called again to tell me it would be 5500. Im going to try to negotiate for a 2016 for the same price but have little experience with it. Dont know what to say.
I'm selling my 2015 R3 for $5500 OBO with necessary mods. I live in Santa Clarita Valley near Magic Mountain. If you can get a bank loan and cut me a check then I'm down to deliver it to your house.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5627947302.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts