Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought my R3 from a guy who who put on aftermarket clip ons but on the handlebars beside the clip ons there's a missing screw or bolt of some sorts. It's the empty whole with threads on the metal outcrop from the giant metal bolt. Does anyone know what is missing? If so is it needed and how do I find a replacement part for it. Thank you!!

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Those missing screws served to align the stock clipons in their set position/angle. They have no purpose or use once you have aftermarket clipons. Most people with aftermarket clipons plug those two openings with plugs (same ones as on the mirror mounts)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I would go to your local hardware store, and get a couple of black oxide rounded allen-head bolts and screw them into the open holes.
Paint the unpainted silver parts black, and then install the bolts. Give it a "finished" look.
The holes look like they might be 6mm. Not sure though, so double-check the size before you buy the new bolts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes they are 6 mm. I installed a Ram mount for a GPS there and used a longer 6 mm allen head to mount the ball. They are available in the black anodize.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts