Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this isn't a rerun, just looking to get the bike up to do tires and a shock. I've lifted an fjr by placing a board across 4 headers and jacking. Not so comfy using this exhaust to bear the weight. The crank sump's nice and flat but seems too far forward. Don't want to bend or break stuff. I'm sure I'm missing an easy solution?

·
Super Moderator
1,330 Posts
Woodcraft triple-tree front stand (adjustable vertically) and Pitbull rear stand (adjustable horizontally). However, these toys are ... expensive.

Oddly, WC rear stand is not adjustable, and PB triple-tree front stand is not adjustable.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Never used one of these but would work out for a small garage to have the bike stand upright for the winter correct? Also, how does it work...apologize for silly question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
Stands on the front and back for tire changes.
For the shock swap I used my trucks jack underneath the bike on the exhaust and a block of wood under the kickstand with no issues. This bike is a lot lighter than the fjr, so there's a lot less weight on the pipes. The rafters and strap trick will also work. I had a forklift available to strap onto but didn't even bother. Wasn't fancy, but it got the job done without needing to buy a new tool.

Pics for reference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all..you know, as i was loading my car today i realized duh, the scissor jack was right there lol. More trusty than my crap hydraulic..thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts