Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just wanted know how long can i ride my R3 before it fails, I've received the safety recall notice but my bike is the only way i have to go to work so just wondering.

How much Km/m before the clutch pressure plate bearing and oil pump gear fails?

·
Registered
810 Posts
You guys could of just answered his question or redirected him to a main thread if there is one instead of being sarcastic cunts
While I rarely get sarcastic with people on forums, the number of recall threads has been ludicrous. People need to use the search function or just post in a current recall thread before asking questions like this. There was even a poll posted asking people to post up their mileage when/if their bearing had failed.

Edit: If I know you well, I will razz you with sarcasm. Only jokingly though. :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
You guys could of just answered his question or redirected him to a main thread if there is one instead of being sarcastic cunts
My ex wife was one of those.

Reactions: afazakas

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm with the other guys. This is the 5th recall thread that has shown up on the active topics page. If you can't find a way to post your question into one of those many other threads, you didn't even try to look for an answer first.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have beat the piss out of mine almost 17k in 4months.. hard riding and no signs of a weak clutch or anything

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think the lowest I saw someone post that their clutch went out was around 3k, but most were higher than that.

That being said, the sample size is wayyyyy too small and the numbers are all over.

If you just bought the bike, its really unlikely that something will happen, but if you have more then a couple thousand miles on the bike, its really anyone's guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts