Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I recently purchased one of the generic Yamaha ones from eBay. I'm still waiting to receive it from China, but I'll give you an update on how the fit and finish is when I get 'er in the mail and installed.

·
Registered
237 Posts
As discussed, I'm following up to report back on my eBay gas cap. I was very pleased (and somewhat surprised, I'll be honest) to find it mounted right up and sealed with the stock rubber gasket/seal. I couldn't be happier for around $20 shipped to my door. It's considerably lighter than the OEM cap and the quarter-turn quick release cap will be great for the track. No more need for a key! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
As discussed, I'm following up to report back on my eBay gas cap. I was very pleased (and somewhat surprised, I'll be honest) to find it mounted right up and sealed with the stock rubber gasket/seal. I couldn't be happier for around $20 shipped to my door. It's considerably lighter than the OEM cap and the quarter-turn quick release cap will be great for the track. No more need for a key! :)
Which one did you order?

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Awesome. Looks like the R6 ones also fit. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Do you mean stock R6 ones or aftermarket gas caps for the R6? Wondering if the R6 Vortex cap would fit.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My "guess" would be the R6 ones fit, regardless of brand.
Well the stock part numbers are certainly different, of course that doesn't mean aftermarket companies can't make one that fits multiple bikes as long as the diameter and bolt hole pattern match. I'm just afraid get one based on hope and guesses lol

Unfortunately I also don't know anyone locally who has an R6 with aftermarket gas cap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts