Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Riders :)

I'm living in Germany. So a Full-System is not legal.
I bought the Akrapovic Slip-On, arrival aprox. in 2 weeks.
Cost me 479€. But i also thought about the MIVV Suono Black Steel for 449€
or a SHARK *Street GP* Carbon for 449€ or a MIVV GP for 339€

https://www.louis.de/artikel/akrapo...list=189631904&filter_article_number=60418714

https://www.louis.de/artikel/mivv-s...list=189631904&filter_article_number=60413817

https://www.louis.de/artikel/shark-...list=189631904&filter_article_number=10036013

I would like to remove the db-Eater. But as i heard, it's not possible with the akrapovic. Which one got the best Sound? Loud and deep?

Greetings from Germany :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Pick the one YOU think looks the best. Because they all sound about the same.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Akra looks the best. Shark is not bad looking either. I've been liking the Arrow lately too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it possible to remove the db-Killer from the Akrapovic?
If not, i would order the Shark or the MIVV and send the Akra back, when arrives.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey Riders :)

I'm living in Germany. So a Full-System is not legal.
I bought the Akrapovic Slip-On, arrival aprox. in 2 weeks.
Cost me 479€. But i also thought about the MIVV Suono Black Steel for 449€
or a SHARK *Street GP* Carbon for 449€ or a MIVV GP for 339€

https://www.louis.de/artikel/akrapo...list=189631904&filter_article_number=60418714

https://www.louis.de/artikel/mivv-s...list=189631904&filter_article_number=60413817

https://www.louis.de/artikel/shark-...list=189631904&filter_article_number=10036013

I would like to remove the db-Eater. But as i heard, it's not possible with the akrapovic. Which one got the best Sound? Loud and deep?

Greetings from Germany :)
The Akrapovic GP slip-on is the best for just an end piece switch. I just put one on mine and it sounds and the engine seems to breath a little easier. My observation after 74 mile ride was that it seemed to pull little stronger, sounded great and my average mileage went from 57.6 mpg to 58.5 mpg and I was driving it the same way I did with the stock muffler. Also if you do most of you're driving below an altitude of 2000 feet it runs better on 89 octane fuel.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The Akrapovic GP slip-on is the best for just an end piece switch. I just put one on mine and it sounds and the engine seems to breath a little easier. My observation after 74 mile ride was that it seemed to pull little stronger, sounded great and my average mileage went from 57.6 mpg to 58.5 mpg and I was driving it the same way I did with the stock muffler. Also if you do most of you're driving below an altitude of 2000 feet it runs better on 89 octane fuel.
Hey Ride4Ever I'm really curious about the last statement you made. " Your driving below an altitude of 2000 feet it runs better on 89 octane fuel, i only put premium (91-92). Is it true that it runs better performance wise on 89? Like you notice an decrease in performance using premium?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey Ride4Ever I'm really curious about the last statement you made. " Your driving below an altitude of 2000 feet it runs better on 89 octane fuel, i only put premium (91-92). Is it true that it runs better performance wise on 89? Like you notice an decrease in performance using premium?
I originally used 87 octane as the manual recommend when the stock exhaust was on the bike, toward the last 200 miles I tried using 93 octane but found the motorcycle was running a little hot with the cooling fan almost constantly on. After the 93 octane gas was runout about 2-1/4 gallons I added 87 octane again to dilute the octane to about 90.5 octane, when that was almost gone I filled it up with 89 octane and got a nice purr while crusing. The big surprise came when I install the Akrapovic slip-on and after about 50 miles she really started to sound nice and had a nice strong pull when crusing at 65 mph. I am going out again today to see if anything changes. Oh!, I went online to learn about octane and compression to see what the connection between the two was. That is where I learned that elevation and engine compression plays a part in which octane is best for you're type of engine.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I originally used 87 octane as the manual recommend when the stock exhaust was on the bike, toward the last 200 miles I tried using 93 octane but found the motorcycle was running a little hot with the cooling fan almost constantly on. After the 93 octane gas was runout about 2-1/4 gallons I added 87 octane again to dilute the octane to about 90.5 octane, when that was almost gone I filled it up with 89 octane and got a nice purr while crusing. The big surprise came when I install the Akrapovic slip-on and after about 50 miles she really started to sound nice and had a nice strong pull when crusing at 65 mph. I am going out again today to see if anything changes. Oh!, I went online to learn about octane and compression to see what the connection between the two was. That is where I learned that elevation and engine compression plays a part in which octane is best for you're type of engine.
Wow very interesting, great info. Yea i heard due to the low compression ratio regular fuel is better. High compression ratio = requires higher octane (Yamaha r6-r1). Im about 300-600 ft elevation above sealevel where i commute so i'm defiantly going to try out regular gas. Now i finally have an excuse to burn that gas out high reving ;p

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I'm located at 1300-1600ft. What should i use? We have Super (95Octane), Super+ (98Octane), Shell V-Power Racing (100Octane), Aral Ultimate (102Octane), I'm mixing Aral Ultimate (when salary comes haha) and normal Super. Aral Ultimate is always 10ct. more than Super. Normal Super costs between 1,32(Euro)-1,42(Euro) per (1litre).

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm located at 1300-1600ft. What should i use? We have Super (95Octane), Super+ (98Octane), Shell V-Power Racing (100Octane), Aral Ultimate (102Octane), I'm mixing Aral Ultimate (when salary comes haha) and normal Super. Aral Ultimate is always 10ct. more than Super. Normal Super costs between 1,32(Euro)-1,42(Euro) per (1litre).
You're still in the 89 octane range.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts