Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon I'm going to buy the oil and filter so I'll have it for the next oil change. I don't know if I should go with Yamalube or a more expensive synthetic or synthetic blend oil. What are you using? What are the benefits to using more expensive oils?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have the Castrol 10W-40 fully synthetic racing oil. Everything feels way smoother, particularly shifts. Also it's a nice red/pink colour, sold me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm on the Motul 7100 using the 10W-40 grade. Since it's full synthetic, I also lengthen the oil change interval to about 7500km.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If synthetic offers soother shifting, then I'll pay extra for it. Can synthetic oil allow the bike to run a little cooler at freeway speeds on a hot(36 deg C)day?

Reactions: bbsteinnewyork

·
Registered
36 Posts
My husband and I use Motul Mocool in our bikes. They run much cooler. I pulled this description off of a site : Motul MoCool is a non-glycol based radiator additive. Engines run cooler up to 30°F (15°C). Improves thermal exchange and engine cooling system efficiency.
The only thing is it has to be drained in the winter because it will freeze!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Motul is good stuff. I use Engine Ice. Not that it freezes often in Florida but one less thing to worry about.

On another note I abosulely love the Blairsville area in GA. Blood mountain and Richard Russell is the best!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Tried Motul 7100, my bike hates it.
Tried 300v, it's very nice, smooth and a little bit more power felt.
Shell advanced, initially it was rough but became very smooth.
Now running in Yamaha specified and locally made (India) by ENOES - Yamalube fully synthetic, cheap, running very smooth and maybe its just enough for this bike. The bike initially serviced using this oil but after couple of service I began to experiment. Now I'm back on this.

Wanted to try Mobil 1 FS. Any review?

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
What made you shy away from 300v? Cost?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts