Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've started to look at slip-ons mainly for aesthetic purposes. There are a few that I like that I think would suit a blue 2016. Here's the short list...

Yoshi R77 in carbon
Arrow in black with stainless tip looks clean
Akra GP

I'd say I like the Yosh for carbon fiber looks, plus the nice shield that comes with it, plus Japan. The Arrow is tied with the Yosh in my mind, but it's lacking a shield to clean the look up. The Akra comes in last, but the price compared to the others can't be overlooked. Out of these three, I think the Akra would be the loudest, followed by the Arrow, then the Yosh. If I had to buy one today, I'd probably go with the Yosh. I'd love to see what the Arrow in black with the stainless tip looks like on the bike, but finding pictures of it are proving difficult. Pictures of the Akra and Yosh are everywhere though.

I thought about the Coffman, but for some reason, I'm just not that into it. So, of the three listed here, which would you choose? Brownie points for anyone that can find me a picture of the black Arrow w/stainless tip on the bike!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Here's mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Arrow for sure! We run one on our R3 and absolutely love the sound and look of it. Pair it with the fact you can purchase the slip-on now and then upgrade to a header purchase in the future and it's a win-win!

In stock and free domestic shipping, you can't beat that!

Arrow Slip-On

Arrow Header

Yeah, the arrow does look good! But the black with stainless tip is out of stock according to your webpage!

I know you guys are busy, but I think there might be some demand for an exhaust heat shield to cover up the connection point. You could make it so it fits a variety of slip-ons too if you designed it right. I'm pretty sure the guys running the Akra GP exhaust would love one to help clean up the look a bit. It's just a thought, but I figured it wouldn't take a lot of time, effort, or materials to mock one up and put it into production. You would know your market better than I would.

Either way, I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Yoshi R77 in carbon or the Arrow Thunder in black with stainless tip. I look forward to the Arrow slip-on sound clips that are coming soon!

·
Registered
75 Posts
WR's burnt titanium exhaust looks good to me. The thing is I can only find it on Japanese websites, so I am a little hesitant to shell out the dollars. The language barrier and shipping could be an issue.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts