Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to switch out the current turn signals on the front and back.
But I never owned a bike before so I'm not sure which are popular and look good while also being good quality.

I was looking at the front ones from TST https://tstindustries.com/LED-Front-Flushmount-Turn-Signals-Yamaha.html
Is Harness converter all that I need ? Or do I need to grab Flasher Relay also ?

What about the backs, do you guys have any to recommend ? Something smaller and sleek ?

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I want to switch out the current turn signals on the front and back.
But I never owned a bike before so I'm not sure which are popular and look good while also being good quality.

I was looking at the front ones from TST https://tstindustries.com/LED-Front-Flushmount-Turn-Signals-Yamaha.html
Is Harness converter all that I need ? Or do I need to grab Flasher Relay also ?

What about the backs, do you guys have any to recommend ? Something smaller and sleek ?
You'll want the flasher relay, too, so that the led signals flash at the correct rate of 85 flashes per minute.

Yamaha makes a great set of LED signals that work great on the rear. Several forum members, including myself, have them on their R3s. NOTE: If you get the TSTs AND the relay for the front and the Yamahas for the rear you won't have to install the resistors that come with the Yamaha rears (or any other LED signals that you install back there). The relay will take care of both front and rear.

First 3 photos on this thread show front TSTs and rear Yamaha LEDs on my R3

http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/481-yzf-r3-pictures/5505-my-r3-mods-so-far-part-2-a.html

·
Registered
326 Posts
Rizoma rears hands down. Sleek and bright although a bit costly.

I have the tst fronts for now temporarily. I'm ordering some watsen designs next month. Again these are costly too but sleek bright quality product as well .

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
+1 for the Yamaha LED turns for the rear, I have them in Carbon and they look great and are bright.

I have TST front flush mounts but havent got them installed yet so I cant comment on them yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tst front integrated signals and just get a tail light with turn signals integrated I love mine :D
Could you tell me where you bought that tail light from? I've been looking for it but couldn't find it (I'm in EU but a non-EU store is fine too)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you very much! I had seen that first one but didn't know where to find the second one (I like those "7" shaped things on the sides)

·
Registered
155 Posts
out of curiosity is it possible to use a turn signal tail light as well as normal turn signals or does a connector not exist for something like that

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
out of curiosity is it possible to use a turn signal tail light as well as normal turn signals or does a connector not exist for something like that
I think that would probably work but you'd have to cut, splice & solder the wires to do that.

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
You'll want the flasher relay, too, so that the led signals flash at the correct rate of 85 flashes per minute.

Yamaha makes a great set of LED signals that work great on the rear. Several forum members, including myself, have them on their R3s. NOTE: If you get the TSTs AND the relay for the front and the Yamahas for the rear you won't have to install the resistors that come with the Yamaha rears (or any other LED signals that you install back there). The relay will take care of both front and rear.

First 3 photos on this thread show front TSTs and rear Yamaha LEDs on my R3

http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/481-yzf-r3-pictures/5505-my-r3-mods-so-far-part-2-a.html
Where did you get the rear LED signals? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Where did you get the rear LED signals? Thanks!
Right here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yamaha-Genuine-LED-Indicators-Blinkers-MT-09-R1-R6-FZ6R-MT-07-Tenere-XT660/301581819314?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140107090050&meid=5af051f1bf374c47bbf2ba4b969101fa&pid=100011&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=301552312220

These are the Black ones. He usually has Carbon Fiber look ones available, too. Looks like he might be out of those temporarily. You can always contact him....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Couple more questions, how long did it take for your order to reach from AU? How did you fit these LEDs into the place of regular lights? I am thinking of getting the front LEDs but I am wondering whether I should wait for the HALOs..

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Couple more questions, how long did it take for your order to reach from AU? How did you fit these LEDs into the place of regular lights? I am thinking of getting the front LEDs but I am wondering whether I should wait for the HALOs..
They arrived to Colorado in about 12 days.

I installed them at the same time I installed the Vagabond Fender Eliminator, so it was easy. They bolted right up to the FE. I also installed the TST flush front signals at the same time, along with the TST flasher relay, so I didn't have to use the resistors that came with the Yamaha signals.

If you buy the TST flush mounts, get the adapters and the relay and it is a very easy install. Plug and play easy after taking out a few screws on the inner fairing. TST has a video of the install to watch before you do the work.

I'm waiting for the Halos and will swap out the flush mounts when they are available.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks FangShui, ordered the ones from your link.
Wanted to order Rizoma but I think these look better with Raven.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts