Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive my bike I had just bought yesterday onto the interstate for maybe 1 miles hit about 80mph in top gear take my exit and as I'm coming to a stop there's clouds I can see behind me through the mirror each time I downshift/open the throttle it's billowing out it's a lot and thick and white. So I pull off and it's now only coming out as slightly visible directly behind the muffler. I let it cool down check the oil level and see it's over filled as in the top of the oil line isn't visible through the glass. I go to the store as planned bike gets another hour to cool. Riding home I keep it below 9k rpms and 60mph and it appears to be back to normal. I plan on draining the oil to the correct amount tomorrow along with a coolant check. Any ideas what causes this?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Vendor
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
150 Posts
Uh oh, clouds of white smoke is usually coolant. That being said, you just bought the bike right? Did you or the person you bought it from add anything like Seafoam to the fuel? If there's too much Seafoam and not enough fuel, it'll do that as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts