Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today, i had my first spill. I flew over, slid, and got RR on my right arm, knee, along with a busted knee and ankle. Other than that, and getting the wind knocked out of me, i walked away hurt, but alive. It was either fly and slide, or SPLAT! I just wanted to share my experience with other riders on this forum. I am very thankful i only had minor damage to me and the bike.

Parts that need to be replace;
Right foot stand
Front brake booster
Right fairing
Right handlebar
Right brake lever
Helmet (Didn't like mine anyway)
Exhaust (was going anyway)

RIDE SAFE

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do check your brake disc as well, as well as get your fork alignment checked

Something i wanna mention about our R3: I feel that the stock clip on lacks quality and bends really easily. I dropped my bike on the right after rear ending a car, and that was enough to cause my clip on to bend so much that the brake fluid bracket broke. My old honda was dropped a couple of time before and i never had it bent

·
Registered
389 Posts
Atgatt.

Reactions: AesonVirus

·
Registered
75 Posts
It was either fly and slide, or SPLAT!
When I hear this I think panic stop gone wrong from a startled rider. My guess is that you were probably going way too fucking fast for your environment and grabbed a handful of front brake. Look, I do hooligan ****, too but you gotta look out for number one (thats you bro ;))

That means know you're environment, stay vigilant, ride within your limits, and wear your fucking leathers dude.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I crashed in a parking lot hooning around on my way from the dealer. It happens. I had 3 years of daily riding on an 800, crashed the 300...

Luckily, I was in almost full gear and had no injuries other than a few scratches on my shin. The knee pads in my jeans saved me big time.

Fix up the bike, get some decent gear and wear it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I hear this I think panic stop gone wrong from a startled rider. My guess is that you were probably going way too fucking fast for your environment and grabbed a handful of front brake. Look, I do hooligan ****, too but you gotta look out for number one (thats you bro ;))

That means know you're environment, stay vigilant, ride within your limits, and wear your fucking leathers dude.
Not startled, just wasn't paying attention. Obviously, i had enough time to make the decision to slide, and not splatter. I HAD enough time to swerve, if i wasn't riding down a single lane road next to a ditch. Learning experience i guess.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts

I love that they censored "sh!t" in your post but had no problem with the F-bomb. LOL

·
Registered
75 Posts
I love that they censored "sh!t" in your post but had no problem with the F-bomb. LOL
It automatically censored sh!t. I don't know why it didn't censor the F-bomb?

The first time I sat on a motorcycle I whiskey throttled it straight into a fence. An hour later I hit a post and separated my shoulder. That was in my backyard.

In my four year, 8500 mile road motorcycling career I have not crashed. Although I can think of a few times where I probably should have and got lucky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts