Yamaha R3 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
At about 7500+ miles already, good to see all these other riders with high ODO readings. This bike may go forever, gotta love Yamaha engineering.

Reactions: Omnislug

·
Registered
100 Posts
35200km today (21872mls) - no repairs or new parts yet, just regular services, fresh oil and oil filters and 2 new sets of tyres since new.

Reactions: Omnislug

·
Registered
329 Posts
^ you know you manually adjust the clock right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stator

36000 km almost 23000 miles, new tires at 34000km, rewired stator at 26000km, regular oil changes, great bike
For some reason i'm chasing an electrical gremlin at 21,000 miles and my batteries will not stay charged. After long highway pulls the engine will die and barely restart. This occurs with a fresh battery or a half dead battery. What made you rewire your stator?

·
Registered
26 Posts
36000 km almost 23000 miles, new tires at 34000km, rewired stator at 26000km, regular oil changes, great bike
For some reason i'm chasing an electrical gremlin at 21,000 miles and my batteries will not stay charged. After long highway pulls the engine will die and barely restart. This occurs with a fresh battery or a half dead battery. What made you rewire your stator?
You should replace the stator. I actually had to I replace mine once too. Almost all bikes have issues with the stator at some point.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm sitting at just under 25k miles now (17k of that is me, after ~1 year of ownership). Gonna be doing valves pretty soon and so far, all I've had to replace are tires, plugs and regular oil changes. Oh, and one chain/sprocket set. Battery is starting to show signs of age, as it hovers around 12.2 V with just aux lights and heated grips on.

Overall, great bike. I hope to hit 100k on this bike...

·
Registered
30 Posts
here is all the story

·
Registered
501 Posts
5658 Miles as of pulling in today, just over a year ago new 2017 yamaha blue, and I love it more the longer I own/ride it! this coming summer I'll probably let go of the stock tires for something more grippy though I really wish michelin would make ROAD5 tires in our size since it's sooooo wet here 6 months out of the year, 74 inches of rain a year!

·
Registered
542 Posts
5658 Miles as of pulling in today, just over a year ago new 2017 yamaha blue, and I love it more the longer I own/ride it! this coming summer I'll probably let go of the stock tires for something more grippy though I really wish michelin would make ROAD5 tires in our size since it's sooooo wet here 6 months out of the year, 74 inches of rain a year!
You can get a road 5 in the rear in 150/70 and a pilot power for up front in 110. It's a pretty common combo to run a sport up front and sport touring in the rear. The road 3 comes in a 110 as well if you don't mind getting something older

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm at almost 7k miles since August 2016 and am now clocking about 200a week now that I moved to the suburbs a couple weeks ago

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 105 Posts