Yamaha R3 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 132 Posts
Did this: Using the mirror base as a template, cut a 1.5" X 1.5" X 5" piece of wood to match the shape. Drill holes for bolts. Replace the existing 25mm bolts with 60mm. Increases mirror width by 3" Painted flat black.
That'll work!

SW-Motech should be coming out with some Mirror Wideners (as the call them), that look pretty similar to yours, soon.

yeah, like others who've posted on this thread, I adjusted my left mirror that I can see behind me when I tuck my left elbow in. Other than that, I can only see to my rear left normally.

Hi FS,

Been wanting to ask you about your rizoma's: now that you mounted them can the mirrors still fold in like the stock ones do?

Thanks,

TL
I took the Rizomas off because I wasn't crazy about the looks. They worked very well. Not foldable, though.

I'm still waiting for my mirror spacers for the stock mirrors.

Thanks FS

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm trying to find a larger mirror-'foldable' solution for my black R. Might order the wideners u mentioned. Great work finding all this stuff for R3 and posting for forum members Fangshui!

TL:)

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm trying to find a larger mirror-'foldable' solution for my black R. Might order the wideners u mentioned. Great work finding all this stuff for R3 and posting for forum members Fangshui!

TL:)
No worries!

The stock mirrors will still fold with those wideners. The looks are a little sketchy from the front as you can see in MAFDK's photos, but they work.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from Hungary.

I live to serve. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one."

Took off the stock mirrors and mounted some Rizoma RADIAL mirrors in the mirror mount holes on the bars.

Will know tomorrow if they are any improvement. Certainly look better.

Now I just have to wait until someone makes mirror block off plates to clean up the fairing.
R&G racing in the UK do them

This is pretty standard for sport bike mirrors, not just the R3. Take the time to set them up and do the elbow tuck. My cruiser I had no issues because the mirrors were fairly high and wide, but my CBR600RR, my ninja, and my friends GSXR weren't any different, I was doing the elbow tuck on them all.

I would think would be an easy if the manufacture would make convex mirrors that would bend like the "Broadway" mirror but for motorcycles on each side. They are also HID resistant since they have a film that dims the light when it reflects it back to your face.

I've had my Broadway for at least 6 years in 3 cars and I hate driving any car without one.

I accidentally found the two mirror mounts on the handlebar/clip ons. If you look there is a round plastic over on each side and you simply remove those to mount universal mirrors. The problem is, noticing tells you the thread size for the bolt ons. Maybe someone could find out and let everyone know.

I accidentally found the two mirror mounts on the handlebar/clip ons. If you look there is a round plastic over on each side and you simply remove those to mount universal mirrors. The problem is, noticing tells you the thread size for the bolt ons. Maybe someone could find out and let everyone know.
They're 10mm and the right side one is Left Hand Threads, normal Yamaha.

41 - 60 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.