Yamaha R3 Forums banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts
I have gone back to the extender spacers. Got some from China that work better than the $40 ebay option. The bolts they include with the China ones fit a touch tighter and can use the old bolt caps. Not much to look at but I get less vibration with these. It adds 50% more visible area but its still not great. I am 5'6" and have to chicken wing slightly.

Cost me only $17 but they have since raised the price a touch. Currently $23 from aliexpress
1.25" (32mm) YZF R25 R3 Motorcycle Mirror Riser Extension Adapter Adaptor
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/YZF...F-R3-YZF-R25-2015-2016-Black/32764618231.html

So my extenders came in yesterday, but unfortunately cutting the grass took precedence, so I was able to get them on this evening.
First impression is that they look OK, not quite as sleek as I would have liked. After sitting on the bike and doing some adjusting, I feel like the view behind is going to be much better than it was stock. Did not get a chance to ride yet, but hopefully will be getting out for a while this weekend. Here are some pictures.

The link to the ones that I ordered is:
R3 Mirror Riser Extender Adapter for Yamaha YZF-R3 R25 2015-2016 Mirror Extenders Spacers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7RN9E3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_SgOczbZ9BGQV3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #123 ·
You'll get used to the look of the extenders not being so sleek. You definitely will see a bit more behind you though. I still have to bring my elbows in sometimes to do a quick mirror check. Love the Rogue Squadron sticker... May the 4th be with you!

You'll get used to the look of the extenders not being so sleek. You definitely will see a bit more behind you though. I still have to bring my elbows in sometimes to do a quick mirror check. Love the Rogue Squadron sticker... May the 4th be with you!

So quick update, the rain has still kept Rogue 3 in the garage, but this morning I was able to roll it out and get in front of my car to check on the visibility situation. I am now able to see my left and right blind spots AND to the center of the vehicle behind me from upright and tucked positions without moving my arms. Slight head turn is all that it takes. Looking forward to getting her out in the streets once Mother Nature finishes pissing on the mid state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried extenders and a bunch of other options. I ended up just getting the mirror blockoff plates and going with some billet bikemaster bar end mirrors. HUGE improvement even over the extenders and doesn't make the horrible looking bug antenna stock mirrors look even wider. I can see everything behind me with them across 4 lanes including directly behind me. Highly recommend them.

I totally disagree with your point. Mirrors are very helpful while driving. With the help of mirrors, you can see the back scene and avoid accidents.
I don't think anyone is advocating to dump the mirrors all together. The post above was simply stating that they preferred bar end mirrors over the stock mirrors with extenders.

I have learned to live with doing the chicken wing, seems natural to me now.
i'm fairly large for this bike and for the past 1300 miles or so i have been able to angle the stock mirrors in such a way that just a slight chicken wing gets me all the rear view i need..

when I first got the bike, I was searching for a mirror replacement, but its definitely natural for me now to just tuck real quick.. I think most peoples issue is not properly adjusting the stock mirror to allow good vision with the least amount of chicken wing movement

121 - 132 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.