Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!! I bought this 2015 Yamaha R3 on Friday and rode her home. Now its time to begin the track conversion, since this will be ridden at the track only for my wife.

The stock brakes on this thing are horrid, I thought I was gonna rear end someone. I went ahead and ordered a set of Versah pads and the Smog block off kit from YamahaR3Racing forum vendor.

Will start looking for the following parts in order of priority/importance, if you see anything let me know!!!

rear sets
clip ons
body work
fork cartridge
rear shock
full exhaust
PCV & QS
dunlop tires
master cylinder

Thanks, Ruben

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Good on ya for ordering from YR3 Racing. Jesse is a great guy and very active here - his parts are all top notch.

·
Registered
326 Posts
They get better after a few miles but I totally agree with you. SS lines and pads are a must.

BTW, our garage is almost identical. Although you have a few extra mods on the R1 compared mine. I would love to find some Ohlins forks like you have. I check the classified on the other forum daily.

62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good on ya for ordering from YR3 Racing. Jesse is a great guy and very active here - his parts are all top notch.
Yea, i'm all about supporting the local vendors and local shops. We need to keep them in business when possible.

They get better after a few miles but I totally agree with you. SS lines and pads are a must.

BTW, our garage is almost identical. Although you have a few extra mods on the R1 compared mine. I would love to find some Ohlins forks like you have. I check the classified on the other forum daily.
This bike has 3800 miles, and the brakes are garbage :lol...I plan on doing the hard racing brembo caliper/SS line upgrade as well if the wife decides to continue. Don't wanna mod the bike too much until she is sure.

The black R1 is a 2005, I pretty much did everything to it except change the swing arm which i have not been able to locate yet. Looking for a Harris....:D

If I see forks, ill give you a holler. They rarely come up for sale to be honest. I check for parts daily on R1-forum, facebook and wera.

Got any pics of your R1? Here is my street and track bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
I knew you had a new R1 from the R1 forum but didn't know it was a full track bike. Very nice!

·
Registered
326 Posts
It's absolutely mint. I can't get rid of her even though I've been eyeballing the yellow 2016. Not normally my color but something about that color on the new body style.
However that has the wait since the better half wants me to get a water toy.

62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I did the emissions block off and charcoal can removal tonight. Great DYI by Jesse, thanks!!!

Also ordered some nortonfab levers and a WC key elim...

Will be parting the entire set of OEM plastics very soon, they are in mint condition!!!

Also have a set of HIDs with the headlight assembly...:D

Attachments

62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Installed R3 racing levers and woodcraft key elim tonight, was a breeze really. Tomorrow I'm doing the oil change and pro bolt TI magnetic oil sump....more to come shortly!!

Can't wait to see wifey on the bike, and of course, I'm excited to test ride it and work on trailing and corner entry speed.

Also test fitted the TRS pins, funny how they made them to fit this small axle lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Levers look great. I'll have to get some.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts