Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My opinion is the stock windscreen is excellent. The low front end and the almost Zero Gravity looking Double bubble stock screen does a great job of making air flow smooth and quiet. Much quieter than my FZ6R which was too high of a front end and even with a double bubble was noisy. That little cut out at the bottom of the stock screen helps too.

Whats your take?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good to hear, I was almost getting a FZ6R in case R3 was late, one more reason I am glad that I didn't. It is also a much heavier bike. I guess wind shield does it's job as at high speeds I lean forward and suffer less wind hitting my body.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I need a larger wind screen I feel that the stock on is too small. So a zero gravity sport touring style wind screen would be perfect for me. I have the same type of screen on all my other bikes and i love it because at high speed or on windy days I can duck down into the bubble for wind protection. Im waiting to see what options become avalible.

Reactions: Ventay

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm shorter and wear a good helmet which probably helps, but I find the fly screen excellent as is. I don't even have an issue with naked bikes for that matter at 75 mph. Gusting cross winds can be a little worrisome, but windshields won't help with those. Large windshields, saddlebags, storage cases, etc. detract from the beauty of a sport bike. I would do that on a sport touring bike or cruiser only, which in my case means never. I am always amazed at how well those little fly screen work.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear, I was almost getting a FZ6R in case R3 was late, one more reason I am glad that I didn't. It is also a much heavier bike. I guess wind shield does it's job as at high speeds I lean forward and suffer less wind hitting my body.
Its a shame Yamaha does not making a lighter bike with the FZ6R's motor. I love that inline 4 smooth as anything out there and a great sound to it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Its a shame Yamaha does not making a lighter bike with the FZ6R's motor. I love that inline 4 smooth as anything out there and a great sound to it.
Exactly! Why does it have to be so heavy? At this point it looks quite useless between an R3 and R6. And you cant even put a slip-on on it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was doing about 70 to 75 yesterday and felt like I was getting blasted. I'm 6'2".

Could be because I just wasn't leaned forward enough. Still getting used to this motorcycling thing

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its my first bike so I don't have much to compare it to but I don't think the wind protection is the best, not sure what its like on other sportbikes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its my first bike so I don't have much to compare it to but I don't think the wind protection is the best, not sure what its like on other sportbikes.
I almost feel like its better on my r6, but even that isn't great. Im going to be getting a double bubble windscreen for that one soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a GIVI touring screen on my other bike (has a lip at the top of the windshield that sends the air over your head). However, I had to take it off in the summer because it got to hot. I hope they will make one for R3 for the winter months.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered the double bubble from Power Bronze (England). They are well known for racing screens $85, free transportation.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Does the double bubble provide better wind protection on the R3 than the stock wind screen? Noticeable difference?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excessive wind noise R3

Hi guys this is my first post I live in England I have had my R3 for three months and love it done 700 miles my problem is wind noise I have sent my helmet back under warranty got it back and noise still as bad, Any suggestions I was thinking it could be the screen but seeing other posts everyone seems to be happy with the screen. Delboy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does the double bubble provide better wind protection on the R3 than the stock wind screen? Noticeable difference?
I had one on a FZ6R, it does protect a tiny bit better. The wind is more directed sideways than straight back at you. Noise from wind blast is lowered. Not a lot but enough to make it worth the money.

·
Registered
161 Posts
After getting more experience on the bike, I feel like wind is hitting my right in the shield on the helmet. If I have my shield cracked WI d flied perfectly into the helmet drying out my eyes.

I am wearing a bell rs-1. And am 6'2". I know if I were shorter I don't think I'd have a problem. I think I need a way to direct it more to chest, over head, or possibly to the sides.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
After getting more experience on the bike, I feel like wind is hitting my right in the shield on the helmet. If I have my shield cracked WI d flied perfectly into the helmet drying out my eyes.

I am wearing a bell rs-1. And am 6'2". I know if I were shorter I don't think I'd have a problem. I think I need a way to direct it more to chest, over head, or possibly to the sides.
Maybe try the Zero Gravity Double Bubble OR Sport Touring screen?

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/product_page.php?pn=553

st2.jpg

1 - 20 of 34 Posts