Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I'm lost. I got my new windscreen in and have zero idea how to install it. I looked at the one 15 second video online that just shows you ripping it out. I know that's not right and is missing steps. The workshop manual quite literally says "remove windshield assembly screws" then remove windshield....uhh where are the windshield assemble screws? They aren't in the diagram

783 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
And there's no way the front cowling just pops off when you remove the screws in the actual windscreen. What gives?
There's no need to take ANY plastics off to do this. The so-called "Pry and Rip it out" mentioned above is totally inaccurate. You only have to lift the front cowl very slightly to remove the stock screen.

I have done the remove/replace three times (once to install the PowerBronze screen, then again to install a black low screen for photos, then back to the PowerBronze). Can be done in about ten minutes once you've done it once.

It's a very easy replacement. You DO NOT need to spend 2-3 hours taking off (and replacing) the main fairings and most of the front end plastics!

·
Registered
717 Posts
In my video tutorial, you'll notice that I used a 36" pry bar and a 12 pound sledge hammer to remove my wind screen. Then, of course, I used a hacksaw to remove the remaining pieces before duct taping the new windscreen in. As previously mentioned, this job is easy peasy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.