Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've just got done installing my integrated taillight, fender eliminator, flushmount signals, and now I'm finally almost done with my back turn signals. I can't seem to figure out which wires connect to each other. Each signal has a black and yellow wire coming from them. And I have two harness converters each with a blue red and brown wire. My question is which wires do I connect to eachother? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Two ways: 1) Factory service manual includes wiring diagrams, incl. wire color. 2) Look at the wire colors for the stuff you pulled off - they should match harness colors. Also, connectors for signals and tail light assy. are unique, so that will narrow it down for you.

Foolish human - use your phone to take pictures or label the wires with tape BEFORE taking it apart next time.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I did mine one at a time.
look at what you pulled off - wires going to the bulbs. Just like Stirz said. trace it back.

·
Registered
155 Posts
when i did mine it was really simple because on the EU models we just have 3 wires with bullet connectors 1 wire is a black negative with double bullet connector for both indicators and then 2 wire with bullet connectors on for left and right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I figured it out, I think I just wasn't keeping track of the colors I did correctly so I kept thinking I tried all the combinations but I was really missing one. Everything works great now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts