Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a darn riding jacket where I look like a lady. I'm sick of looking like a frump. So ladies what do you have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want a darn riding jacket where I look like a lady.
Are you are referring to the style of jacket (something more urban/less obviously a motorcycle jacket) or the fit (hugs curves, still protective)?

I'm hourglass-shaped, but athletic, about 115 lbs, 5'3" and I love my two jackets...
  • One is a textile jacket that I tried on at a local gear shop--the iXS Finja in an XS is perfect. Snug, fitted, has a longer back so nothing peeks out while riding.
  • The other is a leather jacket--the Alpinestars Stella Vika jacket in a size 40. I have really broad shoulders (from lots of rock climbing) and big forearms (circumference is as big as my relaxed biceps) but it fits perfectly and is very snug and protective. I also happen to love that the logos are understated on the jacket.

I've tried on a few Dainese jackets (in 38 and 40) but disliked the fit. They felt heavy and boxy (lots of extra room in the torso area).

I've attached a picture of the iXS Finja, which I wore to the MSF class... Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my god yes that's exactly what I was looking for I have the curvey I'm 5'3 119 and still loosing. I have no boobs basically. But yes I kept trying to find a person in this coat!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was looking at the new Joe Rocket coming in hot jacket which looks amazing but I haven't tried it yet since I'm debating between leather or textile and it doesn't come with a back connection zip.

·
Registered
74 Posts
hi rebelrayna
we needs more girls on the road
1st advice is goto facebook and like the page "ladiesletsride", theres lotsa girls in gear on there.. funny I don't think many of them actually ride..
I have an ixon fitted leather jacket and a cheapy fabric loose style jacket.. sure I have a pretty white and pink helmet but maybe cause I duck and weave and maybe ride naughty it makes me seem less a lady...
I think different manufacturers make different cuts..
people forget females were riding motorbike in WW1 that when motorbike first came about.
so many girls ride with their hair out to be seen as a girl..
I tried a whole bunch (about 30 and 5 different stores) before I commited to buy....
leather seems to be more fitted for the hourglass look

hope that helps

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi rebelrayna
we needs more girls on the road
1st advice is goto facebook and like the page "ladiesletsride", theres lotsa girls in gear on there.. funny I don't think many of them actually ride..
I have an ixon fitted leather jacket and a cheapy fabric loose style jacket.. sure I have a pretty white and pink helmet but maybe cause I duck and weave and maybe ride naughty it makes me seem less a lady...
I think different manufacturers make different cuts..
people forget females were riding motorbike in WW1 that when motorbike first came about.
so many girls ride with their hair out to be seen as a girl..
I tried a whole bunch (about 30 and 5 different stores) before I commited to buy....
leather seems to be more fitted for the hourglass look

hope that helps
I ride and ride an ride. I was looking at that icon leather do you have a picture of you in it?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you are referring to the style of jacket (something more urban/less obviously a motorcycle jacket) or the fit (hugs curves, still protective)?

I'm hourglass-shaped, but athletic, about 115 lbs, 5'3" and I love my two jackets...
  • One is a textile jacket that I tried on at a local gear shop--the iXS Finja in an XS is perfect. Snug, fitted, has a longer back so nothing peeks out while riding.
  • The other is a leather jacket--the Alpinestars Stella Vika jacket in a size 40. I have really broad shoulders (from lots of rock climbing) and big forearms (circumference is as big as my relaxed biceps) but it fits perfectly and is very snug and protective. I also happen to love that the logos are understated on the jacket.

I've tried on a few Dainese jackets (in 38 and 40) but disliked the fit. They felt heavy and boxy (lots of extra room in the torso area).

I've attached a picture of the iXS Finja, which I wore to the MSF class... Hope this helps!
So where the heck did you find this jacket?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
Just bought this jacket for my 14 year old daughter. You can easily tell from the cut that there is a female wearing it. It has the hourglass cut.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-sport-womens-xena-mesh-jacket

The size chart was right on the money. It did come with a zippered pouch with a loop on it. It took me quite a while to realize that when you remove the liner and fold it neatly, it fits in this zippered pouch perfectly. You can hang the pouch on the hanger and jacket like normal or you could easily pack the liner in you gear on the move.

Just giving you options I have actually laid hands on.

Good luck in your search!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts