Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just took delivery of my new Raven R3 and I am beyond excited. It's a nice 45 degrees with some sun so I was able to do some parking lot riding. The first mod I want to do is the bar ends. I purchased some Womet-Tech bar ends a few weeks to purchasing. I was successfully able to remove the brake side bar with ease but the clutch side is giving me a hard time.

Any tips on removing this easily? I've only so far used the provided tools that came with the bike. Not sure if the clutch side is just extremely tightened from the factory.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just pull outward on it while you try to loosen it up, grasp it and tug outward to keep it from spinning. It will crack free. Its the same, just snug.
Some people wrap electric tape on the bar end and just grasp it with channel locks.

Report back how you like them. I had messed with my bar ends so much there was a large gap on the womet-techs and I ended up returning them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just pull outward on it while you try to loosen it up, grasp it and tug outward to keep it from spinning. It will crack free. Its the same, just snug.
Some people wrap electric tape on the bar end and just grasp it with channel locks.

Report back how you like them. I had messed with my bar ends so much there was a large gap on the womet-techs and I ended up returning them.
Okay thanks I'll give that shot. So far I like the way it looks on the brake side. But I'll snap a pic when both are installed.

Thanks again

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did like Bird said, wrap electrical tape around it and grab hold of it with channelock and it finally let go.
I went with Puig bar ends, just waiting for them to finally come in stock, as I ordered them in December :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ooh those look nice. Good price too. Wish I had seen those last week before buying something that looks worse.

I just ordered some evotechs from UK not sure how much I paid, too much. More than that :)
http://www.evotech-performance.com/yamaha-yzf-r3-handlebar-end-weights-2015-onwards
Passing through customs now.

Last Chinese aftermarket parts on my bike started to crack from vibration. They looked ok months ago when they were new.
Those were free any way. I will keep them as backups, just need shorter bolts to reuse them without clear segment.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice, I actually spoke to Evotech today mornin lol, when their grill will be back in stock.
Placing an order as soon as it comes back, apparently within a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts