Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with the TST tail tidy, I installed the Womet-Tech total protection package.

Install was a breeze with the bar ends, fork sliders and swingarm spool sliders. Took about 10 minutes all up.

The frame sliders were a little more involved taking about an hour on each side. I had to use a Dremel to extend the hole so that the slider did not rub on the fairing despite using their template accurately. I concede I might have got the angle of the hole saw slightly off but that shouldn't have made a lot of difference. All in all I am really pleased with the fit of their product and highly recommend it. I obviously haven't tested the protection part of their product and I hope I never do... :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Along with the TST tail tidy, I installed the Womet-Tech total protection package.

Install was a breeze with the bar ends, fork sliders and swingarm spool sliders. Took about 10 minutes all up.

The frame sliders were a little more involved taking about an hour on each side. I had to use a Dremel to extend the hole so that the slider did not rub on the fairing despite using their template accurately. I concede I might have got the angle of the hole saw slightly off but that shouldn't have made a lot of difference. All in all I am really pleased with the fit of their product and highly recommend it. I obviously haven't tested the protection part of their product and I hope I never do... :D

Glad we could be of service to you! Bike looks great and it was an awesome choice on you to protect your investment! :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really like that the Womat-Tech frame sliders come with a pattern to line up where you drill the hole. Wish the Woodcrafts came with that.
The template made it a much less stressful install. Well thought out template and easy to follow YouTube video. If you asked any more of a company they'd be installing it for you. ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
This may sound strange but that's our goal! If a customers only suggestion on how to improve is for us to install it, we're doing our job! If there is anything we can help you out with, even if it's not product related, don't be afraid to shoot us a message!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just ordered the package as well. I'm a bit nervous about installing the main slider since it involves cutting through the fairings, but we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Just ordered the package as well. I'm a bit nervous about installing the main slider since it involves cutting through the fairings, but we'll see.
TST has a nice video that shows the install process. Check it out if you haven't already. Should take some of the stress out of it for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been watching it over and over. lol. I'm not really worried drilling, since I do a lot of DIY, it's more of feeling a bit stupid that I'm actually cutting a hole on a brand new bike. lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did it. Drilled a hole on my fairings.

I think TST really needs to update the template a bit. It is pushed a bit to the inside (about 1/16 of an inch or so). The hole is pushing a bit to the front, hence making the slider off-centered. Not too bad, but I just anal about it. Still looks fabulous overall. :D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Great job!
If the hole placement really drives you nuts, you could always run a sharpie around the outside of the puck, leaving a mark on the fairing that's equal on all sides of the puck. You could then pull the plastic off and clean things up a bit with a dremel.
I agree with you though... they need to fix the template. Everyone who does this install has similar results, including the guy in the install video.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts