Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a R3 track converted bike. I drained all oil and added new oil and filter. Turned bike on and ran for a few minutes and stalled. Bike now will not start and I have no clue where to start as my first street bike. Help please as trying to get it ready for classic track days. My buddies told me check tip over sensor which checked out fine. Tachometer comes on but no lights and no fuel pump power?? Help
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2020 Husq Vit 401
130 Posts
On my first day I could not start my bike after few times. The kick stand was down and I had it in 1st gear. Lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
Start with the simple troubleshooting first:
  • Does it make a sound when you press the ignition button (I.e. is it turning over)?
  • Is the ignition kill switch off (as cornerslider mentioned)?
  • Make sure it's out of gear when you try start it. The bike won't run if it's in gear with the kickstand down.

·
Registered
2015 R3 racebike
67 Posts
How clean is the build? Are there loose wires? Check stuff from above first, then check voltage. Does it have fuel? Does it have spark? It might be a fuse> I would think it might be something easy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I recently purchased a R3 track converted bike. I drained all oil and added new oil and filter. Turned bike on and ran for a few minutes and stalled. Bike now will not start and I have no clue where to start as my first street bike. Help please as trying to get it ready for classic track days. My buddies told me check tip over sensor which checked out fine. Tachometer comes on but no lights and no fuel pump power?? Help
Thanks in advance
If it turns over it's not top sensor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts