Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh no, recall topics are still being made!

I have a question, did your work order list clutch bearing and oil pump or just oil pump?

I just picked the bike back up this morning and it only lists oil pump.

·
Registered
389 Posts
On mine the part # listed was for the total recall kit. Oil pump, clutch pressure plate, gaskets, ect.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Oh no, recall topics are still being made!

I have a question, did your work order list clutch bearing and oil pump or just oil pump?

I just picked the bike back up this morning and it only lists oil pump.
The way mine read, it looked like only the pump was replaced
I asked and they explained that it was a recal kit which consisted of both the pump and the bearing.
It's just not well documented on the receipt

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The way mine read, it looked like only the pump was replaced
I asked and they explained that it was a recal kit which consisted of both the pump and the bearing.
It's just not well documented on the receipt
Ah ok, that sounds good. I didn't look at the paper until I got home...

·
Registered
326 Posts
On mine the part # listed was for the total recall kit. Oil pump, clutch pressure plate, gaskets, ect.
Who did your service? I'm waiting on parts @ Barney's of St Pete.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Who did your service? I'm waiting on parts @ Barney's of St Pete.
Sky Powersports, Port Richey. Barney's in Brooksville has parts in stock. Where ya located.

·
Registered
326 Posts
In Tampa. Parts are ordered already. Could be there by now. Just need to call and make sure. They were suppose to call buy maybe they forgot.

·
Registered
389 Posts
In Tampa. Parts are ordered already. Could be there by now. Just need to call and make sure. They were suppose to call buy maybe they forgot.
Cool. Mabee hook up sometime. ?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Cool. Mabee hook up sometime. ��
Sure! Do you ride on vets a lot? Pretty sure you passed me once while I was driving my truck. Bike was pretty loud.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Probably not me. Mine has been quiet with just Akropovic slip on till I just put on Arrow header and adapted the Akropovic slip on to it last week. I just ordered the Arrow can because the Akropovic was just too loud, no Db killer available for slip on Akropovic so I went with Arrow matching can. Tracking says I should recieve it Monday. Hoping it sounds ok. But the OEM exhaust weights a ton. Weight on these small bikes means so much, I'm trying to trim off as much as possible. That and trying to get used to using the higher RPM's to get up to speed, I went from a 2011 R1 to a 2014 FZ09 to this so major difference in amount of throttle needed. I'll PM ya and we'll hook up for a ride.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The arrow cans look pretty good. I'm shocked you down sized from a R1. I could never get rid of mine. It's such a well balanced bike.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The arrow cans look pretty good. I'm shocked you down sized from a R1. I could never get rid of mine. It's such a well balanced bike.
I got taken out by a deer on way to work at 4:00 am. Totaled the R1 and I was laid up for about 5 months and rehab for another 7 months. Really didn't think I was going to be able to ride again because of left arm and hand damage but after 2 years of being off the bikes I got the FZ09. Would have loved to had gotten another R1 but limited use of my arm and hand was the deciding factor.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That sucks! So it's more of a weight thing now?

·
Registered
389 Posts
That sucks! So it's more of a weight thing now?
Yea, the R3 is so easy to move around and super easy to ride. I'm really missing having real clip ons. Going to order a set of Vortex and see if it really bothers my arm and hand much. Guess I can always change back if it does. I'm starting to wrap way too much up in this bike though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts