Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I broke one of the "locks" (not sure what it is called) while removing my front fairing. Do you think it would cause any issues? I haven't felt anything different, but I'm also very new to biking.
How it is now:
IMG_20200726_191347.jpg

VS how it should've been:
IMG_20200726_191403.jpg

·
Registered
314 Posts
Safety wise, that has ZERO effect..... It may "rattle/vibrate", but has little effect on the bike. That appears to be "trim" piece? (I have the same bike). If you choose to replace that, I'd be willing to bet it's pretty inexpensive. Good luck-

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just looked it up on the parts fiche @ www.bikebandit.com. Not sure what's broken- there is a piece called a "hook" that's 99 cents to replace 😂. If the whole "panel" piece is broken, it's about $30.... Part of what I love about the "little" bikes is they're pretty cheap to fix :cool:-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the detailed comments. Yeah I'll probably get that fixed. Removing it is a bit tough due to the frame sliders. I broke it during installing the frame sliders to save that fairing 🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
1,108 Posts
Thanks for the detailed comments. Yeah I'll probably get that fixed. Removing it is a bit tough due to the frame sliders. I broke it during installing the frame sliders to save that fairing 🤦‍♂️
Yeah, well things often go that way. That "best laid plans of mice and men" thing often bites us.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts