1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have and use that exact same one. The metal it is a heat sink and gets really hot. I plastidipped mine because plastidip is a heat retardant. Works great. Very well secured via zip tie.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Good find. I'll have to get one as well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have and use that exact same one. The metal it is a heat sink and gets really hot. I plastidipped mine because plastidip is a heat retardant. Works great. Very well secured via zip tie.
Can you post pics? I want to see how you mounted it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
One zip tie through the loop at the top, hooks hook around the bottom of the radiator. No brainer, it will all make sense when you have the item in your hand. Its like the radiator was designed to have a cover mounted over it. Yamaha even sells an OEM radiator cover and i think the install also recommends using a zip tie.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you have to remove any body panels to put it on?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, it's easy hook and zip tie on, takes less than 1 minute
Sounds good. I ordered it yesterday. Is plastidipping it necessary? Does it matter that the guard gets hot?

·
Registered
346 Posts
No you don't need to plasti-dip it. Having more mass for heat to dissipate if anything should be better and keep the bike cooler. If It's aluminum anyway, then it'll get real hot when stopped, but also cool off really quick. If it's steel then it may get hot and stay hot, but should be relatively cool while moving.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It arrived today. Tomorrow I'm going to my personal mailbox at the UPS Store and pick it up. And install it. I'll post pics.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I have one as well. It does what's intended to do and you can't really see it unless you go looking for it. Although it looks a bit much in the photos, it's actually pretty subtle once installed.
Easy to install without the need for removing anything and no tools needed. I also just used a ziptie. Hasn't budged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts