Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World Superbike could be running an entry level 300cc class to run with the domestic series...

From Dorna:

‘At a meeting on 16th December 2014, the Superbike Commission approved assembly of a working group comprising of any interested machine manufacturers to develop a class structure for an entry level category. The category would be based on the burgeoning Supersport 300 class machinery and would aim to include varied capacities and engine configurations, with the aim to provide a low cost platform to develop new talent.’
So good...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd love to see more manufacturers get on board with Moto3, unfortunately Moto3 is still essetially prototype racing, and far more expensive than heavily breathed on street models...

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think it's possible that we'll see more bike makes get involved in it, just might not happen as soon as we might expect it to, just need to give it some time.

300 segment is growing too

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd imagine, but its still pretty cool to see your bike racing on tv. Its also fun to see what is different between the race bike and your own.
you also have to consider the riders too, they do factor into what the outcome is going to be like, but overall it is a good look at what these bikes can do.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Kawasaki (and Honda to some extent) must be pretty sad that Yamaha was able to add 25cc's and steal all of the sales of the 300 class world bikes.
"Although personal anecdotes bear no relation to real data, I noticed a very large number of Yamaha YZR-R3s in Germany, when I traveled to the Austria and Brno rounds of MotoGP by motorcycle. It felt like it was the second most common bike I came across, after BMW's ubiquitous GS. "
https://motomatters.com/news/2016/09/27/supersport_300_class_added_to_worldsbk.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts