Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a front rotor, now I just need a rear in good condition! New is 65 bucks so hopefully I can save some cash and find used.

·
Registered
237 Posts
While I dont necessarily disagree with your advice, I'm 90% confident Adam is looking for a rear rotor to be used on the race track. MOST riders, in our class especially, don't touch their rear brake at the track. If it ever is used , it is for very minor stearing adjustments, not for actual stopping power. In this case, an old rotor he can pick up for cheap would be best. Basically he just needs something to pass tech.

Reactions: sbk1198

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is always better to buy new one rather than old. New rotor will have much longer life and more secure. Don’t mess with security just for few bucks. You can buy it at affordable price from a popular eBay store MCMotoParts
Seriously? Do you work for MCMotoparts since you only seem to post that you buy everything from there.

I didn't ask for recommendations, just looking for a rear rotor. Ugh.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While I dont necessarily disagree with your advice, I'm 90% confident Adam is looking for a rear rotor to be used on the race track. MOST riders, in our class especially, don't touch their rear brake at the track. If it ever is used , it is for very minor stearing adjustments, not for actual stopping power. In this case, an old rotor he can pick up for cheap would be best. Basically he just needs something to pass tech.
Actually, I wanted a used rear rotor since I only use the rear. Who needs the front? Safety? This is racing, boo safety! ;)

To my surprise, Brad uses his in almost every corner! So much he bent my rear brake lever!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Have you tried ebay? There are lots of ebay stores that part out salvage bikes and usually you can find just about any used OEM part. That's how I got used rotors and wheels for other bikes in the past.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts