Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im looking for a set of stock rearsets or a set of Woodcraft. My R3 came with some cheap aftermarket rearsets on it that I dont think are going to work.

Thanks,
Vaughn

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, Im looking for a set of stock rearsets or a set of Woodcraft. My R3 came with some cheap aftermarket rearsets on it that I dont think are going to work.

Thanks,
Vaughn
I have a set but the right side base part that connects the master cylinder is cracked but I never use rear brake so never worry bout it. I'd sell em and you can pick up the base plate if u want later...the left side peg is broke in half too. I'd sell them for $95 shipped...they go for over $100 each side

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you state what you want to pay, you might get more people (like me - I have two full sets of mint stock rear sets) to respond. Just sayin...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, might be true. I know I can find aftermarket rearsets for about 350, but wanted to save a little bit since there are other costs to set up to race this R3, but after looking at it it might be worth spending the money on the Woodcraft or other rearsets and be done with it.

On another note, I thought it took 15 posts to be able to PM someone. I just got a PM from someone this morning that has 1 post and joined the forum today.

Thanks,
Vaughn

·
Registered
237 Posts
That was me. My apologies if I broke any rules. I just got an R3 a few weeks ago and have been referring to this forum on more than one occasion. I decided to join last night after seeing this thread.

I've got a set that I'm looking to part with as well. 922 miles on them and in like-new shape. I can provide pictures and specific details for interested parties. I'm willing to part with them for very cheap.

Thanks, Vaughn!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its no problem, I just couldnt private message anyone till I had 15 posts. It was strange that it let you do it is all. I am interested in the rearsets, I was just looking at getting a set of OEM plus the risers versus getting a set of Woodcraft and being done with it. Weighing one against the other cost vs pros/cons. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Completely understandable. I think you honestly can't go wrong either way.

I would be willing to part with my OEM rearsets for $50 plus shipping. I can't imagine shipping would be more than $10-15 from South Dakota to Texas. I've shipped helmets for under $20. Let me know your thoughts.

If Vaughn doesn't want them, I'm open to sell them to anyone else that may be looking for a set.

·
Registered
34 Posts
completely understandable. I think you honestly can't go wrong either way.

I would be willing to part with my oem rearsets for $50 plus shipping. I can't imagine shipping would be more than $10-15 from south dakota to texas. I've shipped helmets for under $20. Let me know your thoughts.

If vaughn doesn't want them, i'm open to sell them to anyone else that may be looking for a set.
awesome deal!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks for the bump. Definitely don't mean to take away from your set.

I have a lot of stock parts that I would rather just see go to someone that needs them than try to make a lot of money on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the bump. Definitely don't mean to take away from your set.

I have a lot of stock parts that I would rather just see go to someone that needs them than try to make a lot of money on.
No worries I just seen em go for 1-200 a side on eBay so that's what I based it off of.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Got ya, that makes sense completely. I can't say $100 or so for a set is a bad price at all either! Especially when they can be hard to find.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stettnichs, I will take em. I dont think its a bad place to start especially for your excellent price. Do you need any black bodywork? Hehe I appreciate the deal on em. That will save me a few bucks for suspension soon.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Vaughn ended up taking my set. Thank you, sir! For anyone else, it sounds like there's another set available through this thread at a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the information. I may have a set like that for sale soon. I need more ground clearance and better foot placement so I am doing stock rearsets and aftermarket risers for the moment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts