Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
So I came across a tail bag for the R3 that one can swap out with the pillion seat. It's supposed to only fit the 1st gen r3s, but I think it might also fit 2nd gens (mine) as well. I've been trying hard to find one online, but no luck since it seems to be discontinued. Anyways, am wondering if anyone has one they don't need? Yamaha part # is 1WD-F47G0-V0-00.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is, but I thought it was pretty cool since it locks into where the rear seat is rather than having a bag strapped on top of the seat. Also, the blue one matches my bike as well. Can't complain about the hard top either (it appears to be a hard top anyways).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would also consider the black (Raven) one as well. Part # is 1WD-F47G0-T0-00.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I 2nd Muhammed! Crazy expensive here too.
Even used lol. I found this one used at a decent price. If interested I'll hunt down the ogio part # for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Tazmtl yeah that would be fine. Looks like I'll have to go with something along the lines of what's on your bike since it's near impossible to find the one I was originally looking for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I personally would prefer a tail bag over a backpack or tank bag anyway. The Yamaha one seemed like the best option for matching my bike imo, even if it was far more expensive.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I personally would prefer a tail bag over a backpack or tank bag anyway. The Yamaha one seemed like the best option for matching my bike imo, even if it was far more expensive.
Oh I couldn't agree more that it was the best option! too bad it's discontinued or whatever making it impossible to find for those that would love to have one! Did you already try Ebay?
Here is a revzilla link here for the ogio tail bag and I got mine from GPBikes here

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I Googled the part number for each color. I did find a Raven (black) one in stock on an Australian dealer website, but unfortunately they don't ship anywhere outside of Australia.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Tazmtl so my Ogio bag just arrived from Revzilla. Only thing is..I'm confused as to how to strap it to the rear seat since there are no instructions. How do you put yours on?

·
Registered
174 Posts
@Tazmtl so my Ogio bag just arrived from Revzilla. Only thing is..I'm confused as to how to strap it to the rear seat since there are no instructions. How do you put yours on?
Hey! I'll send you pics later tonight. Had to go through a few YT videos lol to figure out how to anchor under the seat. Sorry should have had mentioned that part.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No worries. I did come up with some ideas from watching videos, but I'll wait to hear back from you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts