Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't mean to come across as smug or anything, but I am so stoked. Tons of boxes arrived today. Of course, I got other presents for people, but you know, the pull to the dark side, that is shopping for thyself, is too hard to resist!

Thanks Hard Racing for the awesome Tyga CNC Aluminum + carbon Fiber Rearsets and the Driven Relocation Brackets. They're beautiful.

Thanks TST for the Fender Eliminator Kit that I won! Perfect timing because I just received my front and rear TST turn signals, Yamaha OEM connectors, and relay!

Got some Driven D3 grips!

And got my Speigler brakes lines! The HardRacing Tyga rearsets come with a special rear brake line and the smoke Speigler lines match it perfectly. That is something to remember folks. If you get those rearsets from HardRacing, it comes with a special rear brake line that has a particular angle to it, and it is same quality as Speigler, Core Moto, & Galfer. You can watch their insall video at Hard and match the brake line color up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is the length of the Speigler rear line the same as the hard racing line? I purchased the rearsets but haven't installed them. Was wondering if I could just use both speigler lines since I bought blue fittings.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the length of the Speigler rear line the same as the hard racing line? I purchased the rearsets but haven't installed them. Was wondering if I could just use both speigler lines since I bought blue fittings.
No, I do not think so;they're different unfortunately. Speiglers come in a set (front & rear) as you know. Again, the CNC aluminum rear sets come with a special rear brake line that has a specially angled banjo end. HardR has Core Moto lines where you can order just the front line. That is what I should have done.

I'll probably just give my rear brake line to somebody if I don't get around to RMA'ing the whoel Speigler set. :) Then I'll just order the front Core Moto line. So if you order the rearsets, then that is an option that you can do-get the rearsets, and just the Core Moto front brake line from HardRacing. The Core Moto smoke/carbon color will match up nicely.

However, do not take this as sacrosanct as this was from physical inspection only. HardRacing should be able to fully confirm. HR, can you use another brake line with the CNC aluminum/CF rearsets?

I have a lot of installing to do! So many errands and I actually have class work and IT certification studies that I hae not been able to dedicate much time to it just yet, not to mention partaking in yuletide festivities. Plus, it's in the 60's/70s in NY. I went for a ride today and did not dare take anything apart!;)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Grats on the parts. Are you going to build a race or track bike? Have you taken the R3 to the track? Its a fun little bike.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hmmm
I wasn't considering using the relocation brackets in combo with the CNC rearset. I always assumed the CNC rearset itself was enough..

What made you decided to do both?

Yea - ride today!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts