Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For YZF-R3's ONLY, a five-round race series will start in March 2016, IF there is enough interest from riders.

They're also planning on offering a Race Kit for R3s at a very competitive price. The kit includes:

 Racing fibreglass bodywork set – uses OEM screen, includes bellypan oil catch tray and plugs
 Foot peg repositioning kit – allows nine positions for footpegs back and up from standard
 Range of rear sprockets - optional sizes to be provided to allow tuning for each circuit
 Racing exhaust system - Increased power while still conforming to applicable noise standards, lighter and provides better ground clearance.
 Pollution system removal plates
 Kit to reposition handlebars lower - Provides for a more crouched racing riding position in combination with the foot peg repositioning
 Crash protection - crash knobs, swing arm bobbins (stand pickups) engine case protection kit
 Fork and shock springs

CCup1.jpg

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/hotnews/motorcycle/yzf-r3-cup-race-series-concept

They're looking for interested rider's input in developing the series....In their words: "PLEASE NOTE: YRD requires your input if this concept is to become a reality. If you are interested in competing in this series, don’t delay… contact YRD NOW. The series is in your hands. No response will mean no race series! "

http://www.perthmx.com/yamaha-looking-for-interest-to-launch-yzf-r3-race-series/

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Aufitt is our inside man on this - hopefully he can give us the skinny on the series. Not sure if he's going to race it or not.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Aufitt is our inside man on this - hopefully he can give us the skinny on the series. Not sure if he's going to race it or not.
They mentioned that allowable mods will be minimal. Aufitt may already have exceeded those on his R3, though "What can be added, can be subtracted", no?

·
Registered
856 Posts

Last week Motorcycling Australia made an announcement changing Production from 250 & 300 to 300 & 400.

Everyone has been waiting to see if the R3 and RC can race 300's.

http://www.asbk.com.au/news/asbk-classes-for-2016-announced/

in a nutshell, 250 & 300 Ninjas in 300cc,
R3 and RC390 in 400cc
Bit unfair on the 250 riders,
Parity is a load of bollocks, there is more parity between the 300 and the Yamaha and KTM than the poor old Ninja 250.
No doubt next year they write the rules again.

Makes it hard to plan, had my bike 6 months ridden it twice.
havnt spent a cent on it with uncertainty... now there is mere months to get ready for State and ASBK (June is the big one locally for me, so a reasonable deadline if I forget about doing State rounds ($$$)

Unsure if this Yamaha announcement is part of Production racing or not.
I'll find out.

They mentioned that allowable mods will be minimal. Aufitt may already have exceeded those on his R3, though "What can be added, can be subtracted", no?

We run Production rules, so Ive done nothing to bike except a chain that flew to bits on me on the weekend in the first session of the first of two days 500km away from home. :(
Modifying bikes is a mugs game,
Am interested in the Race Fairings, we've just been able to order this week,
I suspect these are the same ones offered.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Aussie YZF-R3 Race Cup Series Gets The Green Light

There was enough interest by riders to make the series a GO.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/yamaha-yzf-r3-ts-green-light/

$7,900 AUD ($5,580 USD) buys you a new R3 in street trim and includes the Full Race Kit also (the race kit cost is subsidized by Yamaha Motor Australia):

Fairing kit – including front fender and tank cover – uses stock screen – black gelcoat
Akrapovic full racing exhaust system with Ti muffler
Racing rear sets with multiple adjustments
Handlebar lowering kit
Gearing set JT – optional sizes – 1 front, 2 rear
MUPO Suspension kit – complete rear shock absorber with adjustable preload, ride height and rebound damping. Front fork kit with springs, spacers and shim stack
Graphics kit with all series and bonus sponsors logos supplied
R+G protection kit including – crash knobs, engine case covers, rear stand pickups, chain guard, radiator protector
R+G muffler mounting bracket
AIS pollution system block off plate
Yamalube Service kit – 4 litres of synthetic engine oil and engine oil filter
Oxford rear race stand
CD with parts book, service manual, kit fitment manual, etc.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
That is an incredible deal to get folks into racing -
Wish I could get in on that action - Aufitt, you need a cousin to visit for a few months?

·
Registered
732 Posts
That is an incredible deal to get folks into racing -
Wish I could get in on that action - Aufitt, you need a cousin to visit for a few months?
Seriously. That is an amazing deal. Wish I could go down under!

I think racing can grow more here in the States. Not to disparage other motorsports, but disciplines like drag racing and Nascar...meh... for cars, rally and for bikes, sport bike racing, are two of the most exciting, skillful, demanding and "poetry in motion" motorsports out there. To me, rally and sport bike racing are intrinsically more exciting and am perplexed why the growth and fan base here for both is not as developed as it is in Europe.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Seriously. That is an amazing deal. Wish I could go down under!

I think racing can grow more here in the States. Not to disparage other motorsports, but disciplines like drag racing and Nascar...meh... for cars, rally and for bikes, sport bike racing, are two of the most exciting, skillful, demanding and "poetry in motion" motorsports out there. To me, rally and sport bike racing are intrinsically more exciting and am perplexed why the growth and fan base here for both is not as developed as it is in Europe.
Are you kidding? Its big enough in the states lol. Many of the raceways have their own club racing scene, there is the Pikes Peak race, RedBull has a cup for teens (they get to travel the world), which end up with names like Benny Solis, Jake Gagne (SD!), etc.

https://youtu.be/3UVEMqOKm8M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts