Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the email from them today:

Good morning Chris

We just received confirmation from factory today that the recall for the R3 clutch bearing an oil pump will be issued shortly to all dealership Canada-wide and a letter to Canadian customers with a affected unit. You should receive something in the mail shortly.

Best regards,
Remi

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for that Remi.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sounds like they will be sending out letters out soon. From what I can tell I think they have to drain cooling sys too.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Too bad Canada Post is very likely going on strike so it could be quite some time before anyone actually sees a letter. Unless Yamaha Canada coughs up the dough for courier services or relies solely on notifying via email.

Thanks for that Remi.
Remi is the CSR person at Yamaha Canada ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am new to the forum as of last week as I just bought a bike last wee.
I called the dealer today Motorsports world in Ottawa and they confirmed the recall on the oil pump was just received yesterday
They have ordered the kits today for the oil pump repairs
Oddly they don't have anything on the clutch or brake hose yet... very odd.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just got my r3 back from dealer, took over three hours, no official recall yet but my dealer was able to order parts and install them...safe riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
only one ?

looks like they only did half of the recall?

one was engine pump gear the other was clutch bearing

Just got my r3 back from dealer, took over three hours, no official recall yet but my dealer was able to order parts and install them...safe riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I got my official recall letter today. Says to avoid riding it until the recall is done. So how am I supposed to get it to the dealer? lol

I plan on riding mine in when the time comes but im fortunate to have this option as well

·
Registered
433 Posts
just received my recall notice in the mail today for the clutch and oil pump....perfect timing too with two track days and a race day scheduled in the next 3 weeks ugh!

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I got an appointment with my local dealer for the recall and they will fix both oil pump and clutch pressure plate. However they will charge for the coolant and oil change. Is this normal?

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I got an appointment with my local dealer for the recall and they will fix both oil pump and clutch pressure plate. However they will charge for the coolant and oil change. Is this normal?
well that seems like BS to me. Do they really need to do a full coolant change for a clutch bearing and oil pump? I don't get it.

side note* got my letter for my 2016. Still have to phone.

**update** well I phoned. they aren't booking appts. they are fixing bikes in the order they were bought so of course mine being newer, I'm number 52 in a lineup of 60 and they only have a parts kit for 1 bike so far. Basically waiting for that will eat up the rest of the season here probably or at least the entire month of august.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts