Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 2wheels Fans and R3 Forum onlookers,

This weekend is a Yamaha Demo Day at Del Amo Motorsports in Santa Ana, California, (southern California). It's Saturday and Sunday and on a first come first serve bases. Yamaha will have their representation there to take all your questions on the bikes.

http://www.delamomotorsports-orangecounty.com/

Del Amo Motorsports of Orange County
2401 Pullman Street
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(949) 642-4343

This is the same place I bought my 2016 Yamaha R3 bike from the sales manager Kyle Asay.

I called them today for additional details and there will be food and other things and should be great weather. If you're in the neighborhood or you'd like to come but you think you are too far away you can take a plane to John Wayne Airport, and Uber yourself just a few miles down the freeway. Train travel is ok too but takes too long.

I'm looking forward to it since this will be my first time.

If you talk with any salesmen tell them you heard about this event from a post from R3 Forums, Charlie, aka B-Factor.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
These events are dangerous. Every time I do one my wallet cowers in fear. Nothing makes you want a new bike quite like riding something brand new with all the gadgets.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear that.

Interesting process so far. Haven't got out of sign up line yet :(

Get here early to be first at least 1 hour I would guess.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I just watched another group leave and took video of it. The guy on the fastest bike R1 had only a helmet on , no gloves, no long sleeves/jacket on was the least protected of the group. The fastest bike with the least prepared/ protected one in the group hmmmm. He also looked to have some trouble with starting it or something cause he had 2 others trying to help.

3:15pm hurry up and get here.

Remember, show up really early to ride right away.l

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I hope YOU ride the new R1.
Then you can tell us all about it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was there on Saturday at around 9:30 lol. Arrived, and there was already a line, at least 30~ in front. I was scheduled for the R1S at 2:05, then R6 at 2:40. Went home and took a nap, woke up at 1:45, D'OH! Came back to ride the R6, and was able to squeeze a ride in on an FZ07 since there were slots open at the later end.

This was my first Yamaha demo day, and it's probably the slowest one to get you going. Mainly because they register you on these Yamaha cards that you can use at other Yamaha demo days, but sometimes their cards aren't registering. All the other ones (BMW, Ducati, etc).. are much quicker to get you on and riding.

One thing that I noticed was, they allowed you to be a squid lol. I'm guilty. :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope YOU ride the new R1.
Then you can tell us all about it.
I didn't get to ride it since it was all booked up by the time I tried to register. I did get to ride the R6. My wrists hurt, it was hot from the engine more than my R3 but I liked the powerband A LOT. I know what MORE power feels like now and I like it :). The riding position is too racy and it will keep me from buying a R6 without a clip-ons change to raise them up lol.

Sorry we missed all the R3 forum members that showed up. There was one R3 rider on a red/white bike that parked in the across parking lot that wheelied away. Was that someone here?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally Posted by naripsta
I was scheduled for the R1S at 2:05, then R6 at 2:40. Went home and took a nap, woke up at 1:45

Total FAIL. :|
LOL, at least he came back sometime.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, there's another DEMO day event here in SoCal this weekend at Progressive International Bike Show in Looong Beach (Convention Center) this weekend. I'm hoping to go Saturday and try the R1 and FZ10 hopefully, maybe a GSXR 600/750 (don't hate lol). It will be my first time going to this show.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I didn't get to ride it since it was all booked up by the time I tried to register. I did get to ride the R6. My wrists hurt, it was hot from the engine more than my R3 but I liked the powerband A LOT. I know what MORE power feels like now and I like it :). The riding position is too racy and it will keep me from buying a R6 without a clip-ons change to raise them up lol.

Sorry we missed all the R3 forum members that showed up. There was one R3 rider on a red/white bike that parked in the across parking lot that wheelied away. Was that someone here?
Just wait til you really open up the R6, once it hits 10K RPM's..that thing just pulls. Wait for a demo day to open up at Southern California Motorcycles in Brea, they start bringing out their used bikes and you can test ride anything there. Yes, they allow test rides on used bikes haha. They give you a route to go on, but you don't have to follow it. As long as you come back, they're fine with it.

And yea, that was me. LOL. :X

Well, there's another DEMO day event here in SoCal this weekend at Progressive International Bike Show in Looong Beach (Convention Center) this weekend. I'm hoping to go Saturday and try the R1 and FZ10 hopefully, maybe a GSXR 600/750 (don't hate lol). It will be my first time going to this show.
How cool, I'll be going too! Hopefully this time, I get to do the R1 lol.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I didn't get to ride it since it was all booked up by the time I tried to register. I did get to ride the R6. My wrists hurt, it was hot from the engine more than my R3 but I liked the powerband A LOT. I know what MORE power feels like now and I like it. The riding position is too racy and it will keep me from buying a R6
When I rode the R6, I hated it. I thought it was very uncomfortable, and WIMPY.
We went on the freeway, and I rev'd the snot out of it. Motor was screaming, but the bike barely pulled ahead.
I laughed at how bad it was. I thought, "who buys these things"?
I am too used to my FIREBLADE. Once you ride the R1, the R6 will feel like crap. The R1 will probably scare you, if you have it in the right "power mode". Be careful with it. A 1000 has power everywhere!

·
Registered
73 Posts
When I rode the R6, I hated it. I thought it was very uncomfortable, and WIMPY.
We went on the freeway, and I rev'd the snot out of it. Motor was screaming, but the bike barely pulled ahead.
I laughed at how bad it was. I thought, "who buys these things"?
I am too used to my FIREBLADE. Once you ride the R1, the R6 will feel like crap. The R1 will probably scare you, if you have it in the right "power mode". Be careful with it. A 1000 has power everywhere!
I'll agree with you the R6 isn't great for the street and has uncomfortable street ergonomics, but if you ever get a chance to rip one on the track, that's where it shines for sure. And you probably think it's wimpy since you own a liter bike with that low/mid range torque that the R6 extremely lacks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Demo'd a gsxr 6 last summer while contemplating my next bike. Ergos are a tough adjustment, power was a little underwhelming at street pace (as are all 600s), but my god was the steering light and precise. It made my fz8 feel like a god **** barge.

It's a really good bike, but the entire gsxr line is overlooked by most because "gixxer brah". It's a shame really. Track days are loaded with them and they do very well there.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
And you probably think it's wimpy since you own a liter bike with that low/mid range torque that the R6 extremely lacks.
Exactly. I said that.
I know a 600 is nimble on the track, but I think they suck on the street.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wait til you really open up the R6, once it hits 10K RPM's..that thing just pulls. Wait for a demo day to open up at Southern California Motorcycles in Brea, they start bringing out their used bikes and you can test ride anything there. Yes, they allow test rides on used bikes haha. They give you a route to go on, but you don't have to follow it. As long as you come back, they're fine with it.

And yea, that was me. LOL. :X

How cool, I'll be going too! Hopefully this time, I get to do the R1 lol.
You got that R3 up there in that wheelie something I'll only do on ... accident ;) lol

"Wait for a demo day to open up at Southern California Motorcycles in Brea."
Please let me know in some way when this happens brother. I want to ride everything I can anytime now that I got a streetbike and in the future another one lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts