Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought Id post a review of the Yamaha Factory Levers that are available. After getting the run around on Fleabay for Chinese levers I decided on these.

Ive had them on for a few hundred KMs now and I am VERY happy with them. Yes the price is a little steep (I got them for a deal) but they are a Yamaha produced lever that has no sloppy play and likely the finish will last longer than any Chinese lever.

Clutch lever has no adjustment (makes sense to me), the Brake lever has a dial style adjuster which is nice. pretty sure it has 6 settings. Also they are a folding style, so should you put your bike on its side, they should flip up and save from bending them, although they are very stiff and this isnt a guarantee.

They're not 'shorty' levers, but they are shorter than factory and have a great feel on the fingers.

All in all they are a steep price (compared to knock-offs), but well worth the quality and feel in my opinion and look WAY better than the factory levers. And because they're an OEM option I can only hope lll avoid any of the potential issues that come with buying aftermarket parts.

Yamaha R3 Brake/Clutch Levers

Brake lever.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Thought Id post a review of the Yamaha Factory Levers that are available. After getting the run around on Fleabay for Chinese levers I decided on these.

Ive had them on for a few hundred KMs now and I am VERY happy with them. Yes the price is a little steep (I got them for a deal) but they are a Yamaha produced lever that has no sloppy play and likely the finish will last longer than any Chinese lever.

Clutch lever has no adjustment (makes sense to me), the Brake lever has a dial style adjuster which is nice. pretty sure it has 6 settings. Also they are a folding style, so should you put your bike on its side, they should flip up and save from bending them, although they are very stiff and this isnt a guarantee.

They're not 'shorty' levers, but they are shorter than factory and have a great feel on the fingers.

All in all they are a steep price (compared to knock-offs), but well worth the quality and feel in my opinion and look WAY better than the factory levers. And because they're an OEM option I can only hope lll avoid any of the potential issues that come with buying aftermarket parts.

Yamaha R3 Brake/Clutch Levers

View attachment 19162
They look very nice but for $265 a pair they should be gold-plated.

I've had Asian-made levers (in the $30-$50 range) on 5 bikes, no issues, no slop, no finish wearing off, and I got an adjustable clutch lever to fit my hand better, too.

Most, if not all, of the OEM accessories for the R3 are made in Indonesia, by sub-contractors to Yamaha.

Asian companies now have state-of-the-art CNC milling machines and are actually contracted by many of the Big Name brands to make their products for them.

You can get PAZZO levers, made in-house in Canada, for $180 a pair. Or CRG's sweet RC2 levers for $170 a pair through forum vendor Hard Racing. Hard Racing also carries the Industry-First CRG Carbon Fiber levers with Infinite Position Adjust for $248 a pair. Throw in an HR logo T-shirt for $5.95 and you're still ahead on pricing. :)

NOTE: with the CRG's you also have the option of buying a pair consisting of a shorty brake lever and a long clutch lever. Options!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Don't taunt me like that. Near as I can tell, CRGs aren't available for the r3 yet...

Oh wait... Hard Racing seems to let me order them... hmm...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts