Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Will the dealer have to perform this before they sell the bikes now? or will they sell it then schedule an appointment for doing this recall?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow, ain't had the bike a week and now this. Hope this is not the beginning of more problems.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Wow, ain't had the bike a week and now this. Hope this is not the beginning of more problems.
I actually see this as a good thing. The bike is brand new and like anything new to the market, problems can come up. For this, it looks like Yamaha is all over it in pretty short order.
As long as it comes to us and they make the necessary repairs, I'm still pretty confident the bike is a long term keeper.

·
Registered
761 Posts
For this, it looks like Yamaha is all over it in pretty short order.... As long as it comes to us and they make the necessary repairs, I'm still pretty confident the bike is a long term keeper.
Agreed!

As with any new product, there may be design issues. My Grom had a fuel pump recall after it was about 1 year old. Aggravating, yes! But Honda made it right with the recall before I ever had an issue. I am hoping for the same here. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I actually see this as a good thing. The bike is brand new and like anything new to the market, problems can come up. For this, it looks like Yamaha is all over it in pretty short order.
As long as it comes to us and they make the necessary repairs, I'm still pretty confident the bike is a long term keeper.
When the '15s came out there was a recall on a few bikes that had a potential for failure in the triple tree. They're finding mistakes quickly and addressing them rather than sweeping it under the rug

·
Registered
162 Posts
that is about as good as we will get in english.

I am not worried about my trip to Cali on my bike.. (over 4000km) round trip.. I have 14.4k on it right now..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is this recall published in english? when I use goggle translate only part of it comes up in english? Thanks
I did the Google Translate in Chrome and it appears that they are pictures so they can't translate. Maybe a Japanese reader person can translate for us?!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did the Google Translate in Chrome and it appears that they are pictures so they can't translate. Maybe a Japanese reader person can translate for us?!
You can always use the Google Translate App available from the Google Play Store or App Store to take a picture of the Japanese characters in the photos to translate to English.

It worked for me

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
They usually send a recall notice in the mail.
You take the notice down to your local dealer, and schedule a time to drop the bike off with the service dept.

They will need to order the parts for the recall notice, before they can work on your bike.
Might take a week or two for them to get the parts.
No sense in having your bike sit at the dealer for two weeks, while they wait on the parts to arrive.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts