Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to connect my Yamaha R25 to the Torque application via ELM327. ecu part code 1WD-H591A-00. has anyone ever tried it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are 3pin to 16pin connector adapters available, to connect a obd2 device and then use a app like torque pro, I have ordered a adapter myself, once I have mine, I’ll update here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have tried this and it does work. Important thing to note is which adapter you require. Is your bike a US spec or Euro spec? The Euro spec uses 4 pin connector while the US spec uses a 3 pin connector. You can tell by the part number printed on your ECU. 2WD is UD and BR5 is Euro

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have tried this and it does work. Important thing to note is which adapter you require. Is your bike a US spec or Euro spec? The Euro spec uses 4 pin connector while the US spec uses a 3 pin connector. You can tell by the part number printed on your ECU. 2WD is UD and BR5 is Euro
What’s the Indian spec bike?? Euro or US spec??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My ecu was printed 1WDxxx (Asian version) and 2WDxxx is for the ABS version. can you explain the specifications of your r25 / r3. year of manufacture and ecu code? and the connecting cable you use

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are 3pin to 16pin connector adapters available, to connect a obd2 device and then use a app like torque pro, I have ordered a adapter myself, once I have mine, I’ll update here.

have you tried?

·
Registered
305 Posts
@Scott - It does read throttle position. There is no brake position sensor on the bike to read from. No production bike that I know of has a brake pressure sensor.
@onnyprima - I am using the BR5 Euro spec ECU. Which adapter did you purchase and which pigtail did you connect it to?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts