Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i tend to not post on these sites but i thought i'd see if anyone could help me.
Basically i have a Akrapovic carbon slip on, on my yamha R3 16 plate,
I've been contacting dealers and welders if they can possibly make me one as i cannot find one,
that will fit the slip on, as akra the company only sell the full system and not the headers separate,
Any ideas on a solution:
-Things I've looked into -
- Mid pipe
- CAT Delete

Kind Regards The One and Only no Body

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
Welcome! So, if I understand your correctly, you want to eliminate the CAT and get a mid pipe while retaining the stock headers and using your slip on?

I'm not really sure I understand your thinking as the nominal extra cost to get a full system would be much simpler but to answer your question, I would simply take your bike to any custom exhaust place (car place would even work) and have them do what you want. I would imagine it would be simple to cut out the cat and weld in a pipe that will still fit your slip on. In fact, the literal easiest thing to do is just cut out the CAT and weld a pip in place.

Just a caution - it's going to be really loud without the CAT as it does most of the muffling.

·
Registered
40 Posts
take it to a tire/exhaust shop and see if they can cut off the cat and weild you a mid pipe to connect your slip on to, shouldnt charge much. People do that to their cars all the time. Let us know how it turns out and a sound clip

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was in similar situation, just with a Yosh slipon. Before you start cutting up the stock exhaust, my I suggest buying the full Akropovic and either selling the slipon to offset costs OR hold onto the slipon and stock header/CAT for later when/if you sell bike. Most buyers will prefer the bike closer to stock and you can always sell the full Akro system separate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i too was in that situation with a yosh. fortunately it was smashed after a bad wreck so i had an excuse to get the full akrapovic set. one important thing to consider is that the pipe going to your slip on is going to be far smaller than on the full set. i recommend selling the slip on and buying the full set. they eat that stuff up on e bay and craig's list. my set was about $600 off ebay. it sounds wonderful too. take the easy solution on this one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've planned to get Arrow headers as the pipe wil fit my Akra slip on. I'll try to keep you lot updated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts