Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Im offering a cheap alternative to having a loud bike! Ive made some mid pipes for our bikes! all you gotta do is cut the cat out and 02 sensor and clamp on the mid pipe! No welding required. This is a picture of how it looks! *IT IS NOW PAINTED FLAT BLACK* let me know! Makes the bike really loud and it spits fire! This Mid pipe comes with an 02 sensor port
$100

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it sounds good! I have one of the M4 Street Slayer Exhaust slip-ons, but I like the sound of your mid-pipe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blue Bird, yeah the video doesn't do it much justice but trust me it is 100% louder than what it was. & thanks wolf!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
like an full exhaust system you will need a fuel controller or tune to help with the air to fuel ratio. If not it will run a bit rich/lean. Other than that you will be fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
notice any feel in RPM or how does it run? If its running smooth i would buy one and later down the road buy a dyno commander i just hate the fact people dont know me while i split lanes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been running it for about a month and it feels great. Its running smooth :) Yeah i drive in LA traffic and this defiantly makes people move over a lot more than stock. My first two days running it I had more cars move over than the months I've owned the bike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been running it for about a month and it feels great. Its running smooth :) Yeah i drive in LA traffic and this defiantly makes people move over a lot more than stock. My first two days running it I had more cars move over than the months I've owned the bike.
Thanks for the information, i was planning to get a full exhaust but this one is on the list. Last time i did a experiment moving the exhaust and it made the bit feel less tq and somewhat not responsive thought it would have the same outcome. But i will probably place a order next week and have my locate exhaust person weld it. Or do you include the clamps or where can i buy some locally?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the information, i was planning to get a full exhaust but this one is on the list. Last time i did a experiment moving the exhaust and it made the bit feel less tq and somewhat not responsive thought it would have the same outcome. But i will probably place a order next week and have my locate exhaust person weld it. Or do you include the clamps or where can i buy some locally?

I include a clamp with the purchase but you can also have it welded if your state doesn't require smog for bikes. I didn't feel any TQ lose with it. I will find out about getting on a dyne so i can get real numbers. Just let me know when you are ready to place an order!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I include a clamp with the purchase but you can also have it welded if your state doesn't require smog for bikes. I didn't feel any TQ lose with it. I will find out about getting on a dyne so i can get real numbers. Just let me know when you are ready to place an order!
Sounds good payday right after memorials day, if you'll include the clamps i might as well and save money instead of taking it to someone to weld. Im located in the Bay Area.

·
Registered
116 Posts
How loud are we talking about? Are we talking cops calling the neighbor loud or just a tad or two louder than stock? Also can the black covers be installed afterward to cover the pipes like the stock ones ?
I'm not a big fan of naked pipes except for the slip on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds good payday right after memorials day, if you'll include the clamps i might as well and save money instead of taking it to someone to weld. Im located in the Bay Area.
of course and if you feel like welding it one day you will have that option haha

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How loud are we talking about? Are we talking cops calling the neighbor loud or just a tad or two louder than stock? Also can the black covers be installed afterward to cover the pipes like the stock ones ?
I'm not a big fan of naked pipes except for the slip on.
Its not fighter jet loud but it is defiantly louder than two or 3 over stock. Im not sure if the poem black covers will fit. Im in the process of making a heat shield for it as well as an added option. Your stock exhaust will fit because its the exact dimensions for a slip on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I was woundering about the midpipe, I've been thinking of getting a M4 slipon to my R3 but as you might already know you have to cut the stock pipe, which I really don't want. Could a midpipe be an option ?
So I can just remove the cat and clamp on the midpipe and then cut that ?

And are the O2 sensor on the same spot as the stockpipe ?

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts