Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've released the 2nd Generation of my OEM rearset riser kit. The 1st Gen. kit was designed mainly for use with the taller Hotbodies race seat/tank cover and was a little too high for most people using the stock seat. This 2nd Gen. kit removes the highest options that were deemed unnecessary on the 1st Gen kit, and adds a lower set of riser options for anyone using the stock seat. I've already tested these with the Hotbodies race seat (the upper positions are perfect) and installed them on a street bike with the stock seat using the lower positions. The customer couldn't be happier with the new sportier riding position.

These are available at my blog: www.YamahaR3Racing.com

Cheers,
Jesse

Follow my build and racing at YamahaR3Racing.com
The most complete resource for information and race parts for the Yamaha R3.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The two lower positions provide a rise of 50mm (1.97″) and are set back 50mm (1.97″) or 65mm (2.56″) from the stock position. These two positions are optimized for bikes that have the stock seat. The two higher positions provide a rise of 85mm (3.35″) and are set back 65mm (2.56″) or 80mm (3.15″) from the stock position. These two higher positions are optimized for bikes that are using the taller Hotbodies Race Seat/Tank Cover or a different seat that is taller than the OEM seat.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nice work CNC master Jesse! Is the area where the rearsets attach inset from the rest of the bracket? It looks like they are but can't tell from the pics. Also, how far does it move the rearsets off of the frame-i.e. the thickness of the bracket?

Really nice design. At $89, they're a real value compared to other offerings. Again, nice work Jess.

·
Registered
433 Posts
soooo tempted to choose these as a budget option when compared to woodcraft and satos... have you raced with your risers in your club? If yes did you pass the tech inspection easilly with the resevoir zap strapped like that? Thats my only concern is failing a tech because of the resevoir not being secured and safety wired

·
Registered
732 Posts
soooo tempted to choose these as a budget option when compared to woodcraft and satos... have you raced with your risers in your club? If yes did you pass the tech inspection easilly with the resevoir zap strapped like that? Thats my only concern is failing a tech because of the resevoir not being secured and safety wired
Dimotiv has a nice anodized CNC aluminum universal rear resevoir bracket available-I wonder if you can use it to offset it off from the interference caused by the rearsets, and keep it stable. I have Tyga rearsets and have some relocation brackets but haven't installed them yet. My bracket kit includes a special rear res bracket but the reservoir cannot be tightened down on it. So while it is mounted it still has some play, if you understand.

STG has a video of it starting at 6:00 so you can see what I mean. Anyway, I think I might try the Dimotiv bracket and see if I can secure the rear res.

Dimotiv rear reservoir bracket

STG video of Driven relocation brackets install

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dimotiv has a nice anodized CNC aluminum universal rear resevoir bracket available-I wonder if you can use it to offset it off from the interference caused by the rearsets, and keep it stable. I have Tyga rearsets and have some relocation brackets but haven't installed them yet. My bracket kit includes a special rear res bracket but the reservoir cannot be tightened down on it. So while it is mounted it still has some play, if you understand.

STG has a video of it starting at 6:00 so you can see what I mean. Anyway, I think I might try the Dimotiv bracket and see if I can secure the rear res.

Dimotiv rear reservoir bracket

STG video of Driven relocation brackets install
Did you ever try out the dimotiv rear reservoir bracket with Jesse?s relocation brackets?

My set of nortonFab rearset riser plates just arrived and I?d like to go with the cleanest install possible.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you ever try out the dimotiv rear reservoir bracket with Jesse?s relocation brackets?

My set of nortonFab rearset riser plates just arrived and I?d like to go with the cleanest install possible.
My kit now includes a reservoir relocation bracket. If you purchased a kit and didn't receive a bracket, please let me know.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does it only fit the stock rearsets or can you add aftermarket rearsets onto the adapter?
It works with aftermarket rearsets also. A lot of people have been adding them to other rearsets after they decide the other rearsets are too low.
Jesse

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, they are designed to be strong so they are not the weak point in a crash. So far, none that I know of have been damaged beyond usability in a crash. Whatever footpegs or rearset pegs attached to them will take the crash damage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts