1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do we seriously need a separate thread for the recall in every country?
At least there's some concrete info in this one with VIN's and it pertains to MT-03's as well.

But I suppose the Murica thread with its 'no official announcement' will have to do for now... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone
As a new forum member and a 2016 R3 owner, I don't care how many threads there are as long as the information is accurate and available. Hoping with your combined experience, you can guide a bike newbie as to how serious the problem is. I would still like to enjoy my bike while my dealership is waiting for the new parts to arrive from Yamaha but not to the detriment of the bike.
Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi everyone
As a new forum member and a 2016 R3 owner, I don't care how many threads there are as long as the information is accurate and available. Hoping with your combined experience, you can guide a bike newbie as to how serious the problem is. I would still like to enjoy my bike while my dealership is waiting for the new parts to arrive from Yamaha but not to the detriment of the bike.
Thanks

I have seen nothing concrete that says don't ride the bike.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi everyone
Thanks
R3's have been raced and modified to extreme limits,
They are not failing, they are smashing Production lap records all over the world.

Enjoy your road bike, check if its one of those affected,
your Yamaha dealer will carry out the work and sign it off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi guys,
I haven't heard of a recall in NZ yet, but does it look like my VIN sits in the Australian recall range from the link above?
Recall range: YZF-R3A 2015 ~ 2016 - RH072 - 001001-004480
My VIN: MH3RH0728FB002598

Assuming my VIN breaks down to: RH0728 FB 002598

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got my brand new 2015 R3 yesterday was suppose to get it on Wednesday but this recall had just come out and they would not let me take the bike till it was fixed.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Just received a Text from Yamaha Australia about my R3
#001544 (an Early build for Au, the first privately owned R3 on in Oz)
Built April 2015,
Purchased May 2015

About a Safety Recall on the Oil pump Gear and Clutch pressure plate Bearing

The sky didn't fall,
Called Fivestar Yamaha the best dealer in the world.
To book it in,
I'll get the first service signed off at the same time as its got 680km on it.

Its been tracked and will be tracked the **** out of for the next year of its 2 YEAR WARRANTY.

I'm very happy.
Should I make a brain numbing new threads on forums all over the world?
:p

·
Registered
20 Posts
I called my dealer today after they texted me about the recall... They confirmed my VIN falls in the range so they are ordering the required parts and will book me in once they arrive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Just thought I would share this chestnut...
My bike has a VIN in the nominated recall range. My dealership advised that although they are aware of only a couple of engines seizures, their advice is not to ride my bike. Seasoned members from my motorcycle club advised not to ride the bike.
As I live approx. 40km from the dealership and most of the roads I would travel have speed limits of between 80-110km, I suggested a trailer be organised to collect my bike when the replacement parts are available. I figured it would be paid for by their insurance company and was the least Yamaha Australia could do considering I have a brand new bike, less than 500km on the dial and I can't ride it. Being the middle man, the dealership indicated it was not their responsibility but offered to discuss with Yamaha Australia. Surprise surprise, suddenly it is ok for me to ride my bike to the dealership. I can only assume Yamaha Australia has inside information from the Failure Fairy that my bike engine won't be the one that seizes causing me to crash enroute to the Dealership.
Phew, weight off my shoulders...

·
Registered
856 Posts
I live 500km from my dealer, last thing I expect is for them to pay.
Must be a generational thing?

seriously folks its no big deal... just get your bike to the dealer.
People spend more money on useless mods and chinese crap their LAMS bike than it costs to get it serviced.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Can we make a separate thread where we just bitch about how many recall threads there are?

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
29 Posts
Still no recall issued to New Zealand
Not officially, although I've received a respones from the Yamaha contact form on their website that mine needs a recall, and confirmed with Red Baron Auckland too.

I'm booked in for Wednesday next week, even though no letter issued yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts