Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

THE YAMAHA YZF-R3 MODIFICATION PROGRAM

To our valued customers and riders of the Yamaha YZF-R3. We at Yamaha Motor Philippines, Inc. would like to thank you for choosing one of our R-Series Motorcycles to be part of your riding lifestyle.

Starting July 2016, we will conducting a Factory Modification Campaign to improve certain components of the YZF-R3, namely the Cluth Pressure Plate Bearing and the Oil Pump Gear. This will be done to ensure the high-quality performance of your motorcycle.
Because your satisfaction is our main priority, the modification of your YZF-R3 will be for free. We will be contacting you regarding the modifcation process which may take a few hours or depending on the current service schedule.

If you are a previous owner of a YZF-R3 and have sold it to another party, please call us at (02) 623-2287 with the name and address of the new owner so we may contact them about the modification.

We want to ensure your enjoyment in riding and our products in its most optimum efficeiency.

Thank you,
YAMAHA MOTOR PHILIPPINES, INC.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Let's see how long it takes them to roll this out in the USA.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
It will be interesting to see if they do all of them. There's been some, what I would call premature, talk about only certain build dates getting the update.
I find it very hard to believe only a few months worth of bikes are effected.

Looking forward to getting official details when it finally hits the US.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hi
If I were to buy a 2016 Yamaha R3 today, would it still be recalled?
If it is from a dealer, yes. Or, at least, it should be!

If it is from a private party, possibly. If I were buying from a private party I would get the VIN and contact a Yamaha dealer to verify the work had been done. If it hasn't been done Yamaha will do it for free for you after you buy the bike. Or just tell the owner to get it done before you are willing to buy it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, I am new here, been on this site, but used gingerly, since it has taken more than four months for the idiots at the dealer/LTO to give me papers to allow me to ride my bike legally. System sucks here. Those who buy new bikes, can't legally ride them, anywhere from 3-6 months because of the slow processing of registrations at their version of a DMV.

Anyway, there are apparently several current recalls on the Yamaha R3 2016 model. I do NOT trust my dealership, they have proven time and again, not to have a clue what they are doing. I have called to confirm whether or not my model (Movistar R3) with the ending VIN of 2510, is included in the TWO recalls. The first is a fuel tank bracket that can fail and needs to be replaced. The second, and more important one, is the ignition switch can apparently fail from water/rain, causing the power to turn off while riding, potentially causing an accident.

The information is so unclear as to whether my bike is effected, and the dealer is absolutely unreliable and can not be trusted. How do I confirm whether or not my bike is effected by either of these recalls?

Also, what about earlier recalls for the oil pump, and the recalls I see here about the clutch?

Buying a bike in the Philippines is a nightmare, if you are a foreigner living here, be aware, the rules/laws and the process is absolutely stupid, inconsistent and ridiculously long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts