Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Backstory: When I bought my bike in April, I asked about whether Yamaha offered race contingencies for the R3. The dealer didn't think so, so dumb me didn't pursue it much further. This past weekend at USBA round 5, Jason Madama (Colorado) showed up and proceeded to school me on his R3 - this guy is crazy fast - he was turning lap times as fast as bikes with 3 to 4 times as much horsepower. Anyone who says this is a "kids bike" is woefully misinformed.

His R3 was built by Gregg Spears (SpearsRacing) and is basically a stock bike with the usual race mods - exhaust, bodywork, suspension, but no engine work.

We got to talking, and sure enough there is race contingency money for the R3 - he tells me he's already hit roughly $5K in less than a full season on the bike.

To be eligible for contingency money you must register no later than October 31 and meet the basic requirements spelled out on the site below. Payouts are retroactive for this season. I encourage our racers to get signed up, as the dollars are not insignificant - for most club-level racers, payout is $500 for first, $250 second, $125 for third. Refer to list of race orgs and eligible classes:

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/pages/2015-road-race-contingency-program

·
Registered
717 Posts
Awesome, Stirz!! Thanx for doing the footwork for us. I STILL haven't made it to the track yet. :-(

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude!!! What is your major malfunction?? - time's a wastin'. Wait too long and those other jacktards running Ninja's will figure out how good a bike this is and start poaching in on our (potential) coin....

Love ya, bro - hope you get out soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts