Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just letting you know i finally got my recall notice in and was able to locate a dealer about 15 minutes out from my work to get it done. I called the place i bought the bike from 3-4 weeks, i called another dealer 4 weeks+, i called the longest authorized yamaha dealer in NJ he said it will be done by the weekend....WTF. Seriously considering where to purchase my bike from next...Anyway hes changing my rear tire out for a bridgestone battlax BT45 because the front is still in good condition and im at 7500sh miles. But im so happy that i wont have my bike for only the weekend, dont go to any dealer that has 3-4 week time periods for this recall and a rear tire change!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any reason you chose bt 45s?
Well a couple of things, my front tire still has alot of tread left, possibly another 5-7k miles left on them and i was just replacing the rear as a cost savings standpoint. I was going to get the s20 evo's but then i would have to replace the front and rear and they are less of a commuter tire with less mileage. The BT45s have a dual compound which makes the center of the bike have alot more road resistance to wear, which i do a decent amount of straight driving for commuting. It also has sticky sides for more aggressive riding. Overall it was between these the dunlops and the bridgestone had far better reviews. Ill let you know how they feel when i get the bike back

·
Registered
143 Posts
wait a second the r3 currently has a manufacturer recall?
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is recalling certain 2015 YZF-R3 motorcycles manufactured from January 1, 2015 to August 31, 2015. The affected motorcycles may have an incorrectly manufactured upper triple clamp that may crack while riding. If the upper triple clamp fractures, a loss of steering control may result, increasing the risk of a crash

That's what this thread is obviously talking about. if you know of any other recalls I encourage you to create a new thread to discuss >:D

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for posting this thread. I've been having trouble finding a thread about a recall
No problem taint lick :) it was more or less a thread about how ridiculous a dealer can be to say they will have your bike for up to a month to do the 2 hour recall. Clearly not a priority to them and obviously i will look elsewhere for purchase of a new motorcycle. Mmm future triumph daytona 775, mmm new gsxr 750...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well a couple of things, my front tire still has alot of tread left, possibly another 5-7k miles left on them and i was just replacing the rear as a cost savings standpoint. I was going to get the s20 evo's but then i would have to replace the front and rear and they are less of a commuter tire with less mileage. The BT45s have a dual compound which makes the center of the bike have alot more road resistance to wear, which i do a decent amount of straight driving for commuting. It also has sticky sides for more aggressive riding. Overall it was between these the dunlops and the bridgestone had far better reviews. Ill let you know how they feel when i get the bike back
Good info on this tire, saving this for later.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Cant wait for all the Bikochondriacs threads post Recal;

'My indicator gas was fine until the dealer changed the countersteering fluid at the recall.'

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I'm bored. I think I will rotate my crankshaft bearings....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Is the front still the stock tire? Don't know if I'd want to mix the two types of tires on this bike. One radial and one bias-ply.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Is the front still the stock tire? Don't know if I'd want to mix the two types of tires on this bike. One radial and one bias-ply.
Quote "Battlax BT45 H-rated bias ply, designed to give performance and mileage on today's sport-touring bikes." from manufactuer. They are both non-radials. The bridgestone battlax bt45 is a 140/70/17 none radial no R rating. Also i had the work done and tire recommended to me by one of the best yamaha service departments in NJ. You can mix and match tires as long as they are within the same class. As for the other people in this thread, the bike rides alot smoother. I still have to break the tire in because it wont wheelie as much without being worn in, but wow does the bike feel good. It feels like its on rails now, not hopping all over the road with uncertainty lol. Cornering speed has also increased and aesthetically looks like a meatier tire. Bumps/breaks/ "S" in the road cause no issue, whereas with the stock tire you could feel everything and the bike would almost want to dive a bit within a crack in the pavement. Overall im very happy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts