Yamaha R3 Forums banner
301 - 307 of 307 Posts
I read somewhere that the suggestion was for the shop to lay the bike on it's left side to avoid losing fluids.
Looking at the minor scuffs my bike came back with, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if that's exactly what they did

Look at your coolant level when you get the bike back. Almost everyone reports being a little low in the reservoir after the recall service is performed

You mean that there is a radiator in this thing? ****! My understanding is that the recall deals primarily with the clutch and oil pump, how does the coolant come into play? (Especially since mine was done on a rack and upright)

The reservoir has an overflow. Just a guess but I'd think that if they are leaning the bikes to one side, maybe some of the fluid comes out of that over-flow.
I don't know the cause but I do know a lot of guys, me included, had to top off our coolant reservoirs.
If done on a rack, you may not see a drop in coolant but very well may receive new fluids.

On a side note, I just can't seem to sleep reservoir very well. Very thankful for spell check :D

You mean that there is a radiator in this thing? ****! My understanding is that the recall deals primarily with the clutch and oil pump, how does the coolant come into play? (Especially since mine was done on a rack and upright)
The water pump has to be removed and the coolant runs through the clutch cover to the pump. Hence, the coolant NEEDS to be drained.

If the tech does it on the side stand the oil does not need to be removed.

The water pump has to be removed and the coolant runs through the clutch cover to the pump. Hence, the coolant NEEDS to be drained.

If the tech does it on the side stand the oil does not need to be removed.

So you are saying that the water pump has to be removed to get to the oil pump?

301 - 307 of 307 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.