Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm going g to have to agree with the others. It does look nice, but so does the R3. I think, in general, Yamaha puts out some nice looking motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I'm going g to have to agree with the others. It does look nice, but so does the R3. I think, in general, Yamaha puts out some nice looking motorcycles.
Yes, Yamaha seems to be the most innovative these days, with the R3, new R1 and R1M, FZ-09, FJ-09, FZ-07, Bolt, etc.

Honda seems to be dead last in design and innovation with many of their so-called new bikes really just being re-hashed decades-old designs that get panned in the reviews as being competent but boring, with no character.
Exception: the Grom, with loads of character and a huge aftermarket of parts and accessories!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I will give Honda props for the Grom. That little thing just looks like a ton of fun. Been thinking of getting a used one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The R125 has a little Aprillia Thing going on....

The R3 has a little Ducati Panigale thing going on....I'll stick with the R3

·
Registered
26 Posts
As for the design, I like it almost as much as the R3(just like what seems to be everyone else), but what I really like about the R125 is the colouring. I love the red with black. Wish I could have gotten that with the R3 as I'm not a big fan of the red and white they offer for the R3.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love the Roketa mc-05-127 bike I have. At 225lbs it's like a bicycle, and with a 34t sprocket gets just as good gas mileage as the grom.

The r125 seems to have quite a large tank for a 125cc.
For a 3 gal tank, roughly estimated, that bike should do 300+mi!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I love the Roketa mc-05-127 bike I have. At 225lbs it's like a bicycle, and with a 34t sprocket gets just as good gas mileage as the grom.

The r125 seems to have quite a large tank for a 125cc.
For a 3 gal tank, roughly estimated, that bike should do 300+mi!
I own the r125 and i can confirm that it does get about 300 miles i only fill up once every 4-5 weeks and ride pretty much daily to work and places

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like the color scheme. Red / Black and Blue / Black looks awesome. Also, to me looks racier and why didn't the R3 come with inverted forks? If Yamaha was able to put it on the R125, why not R3? Overall great looking motorcycle.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Agree, Red / Black and Blue / Black was well executed. Wouldn't have though i'd like it but after seeing that picture... it's killer!

·
Registered
717 Posts
I know, right? Also ckeck out the turn signals, uber-lightweight looking wheels and ankle guards on the foot pegs. One SEXY bike! Saw them in person 2 yrs ago in Rome.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
Big difference in ride position in that photo, the R125 clipons and seat are almost level, the R3, the clipons are WAY higher than the seat. I guess aftermarket clipons and a thick seat on my race bodywork will be a high priority for the R3 race bike :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts